Occasional Contributor

What happened to the Ripkanistas?

I was watching JR’s show yesterday and she talked about her loyal followers, the Ripkanistas. She even mentioned them in a an interview she did for Forbes magazine. When I paid attention to these boards a few years ago there were lots of Ripkanistas discussing her jewelry. Where did they all go?
Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the Ripkanistas?

I absolutely loved her jewelry but I believe several things have happened.  1) her jewelry became way overpriced.  2) the quality has gone downhill, clasps breaking, diamonique falling off a $400 bracelet and 3)  buyers have moved on.....  I have.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

i think they moved their discussion group to Facebook

Occasional Contributor

Huh. Her 14k stuff is nice. No broken clasps or loose stones yet. We shall see...thanks for the updates.😉
Respected Contributor

Love her 14 k pieces, but the prices are sky high.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fillefroid,

JR is very talented and a great designer however when even Costco sells her line all the glamour ends.

I have many of her older pieces and enjoy wearing them, I agree sometimes you can even see on TV that it is all mass produced.

We pay for a designer piece, have mixed feelings about her gold line sometimes it lacks presence, super tiny, and for that price we can even go to the international brands T, C, B...🌻

Trusted Contributor

@fillefroid

I think many people went to Facebook.   

I am not on Facebook.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

I too find her jewelry too expensive.  I do have a couple of pairs of earrings and a pendant that I love but I won't buy anymore.    I had an opportunity years ago to visit one of her stores in Atlantic city.  It actually was a horrible experience, had a security guard following us around the whole time, really turned me off.

Respected Contributor

I think tastes have changed.  The prices are an issue and a saturated market had an effect too.  For me, I have just moved on to simpler pieces. 

Deb

Honored Contributor

there are two separate and prominent ripka groups on facebook that are active.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein