Trusted Contributor

Re: What happened to the Ripkanistas?

I think her designs are simply beautiful.  She is very talented, but her line has become too expensive for me.  I have a few clearance pieces I have recently purchased but I have to draw the line.  I have so much jewelry , that just sits there.  So its time I enjoy what I have and curb the spending.  Thanks goodness my hubby doesnt see the QVC bill...lol..he really doesnt care, but I see my balance and my eyes pop out. 

Respected Contributor

There are two very active sights on Facebook.

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRLwrote:

I think tastes have changed.  The prices are an issue and a saturated market had an effect too.  For me, I have just moved on to simpler pieces. 

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL . Same here!  For a while  several years ago I was buying of lot of Ripka and looked forward to seeing her new items as well as her TSV's.  There was a lively group here and I enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm. 

Then some fans moved to FB and her prices which were never inexpensive to begin with started to skyrocket.  I felt my own enthusiasm die down and now though I still have a lot of Ripka I find myself not reaching for it much anymore.  My tastes have gone to simpler but bolder interesting shapes like RLM & Simon Sebbag.  My lifestyle is casual and my jewelry reflects that.

Respected Contributor

Judith Ripka's jewelry is lovely. I almost buy exclusively her line.  It has grown exponentially in expense. I am far more selective.  Best part about Ripka - it all goes together.

Respected Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@fillefroid,

I have many of her older pieces and enjoy wearing them, I agree sometimes you can even see on TV that it is all mass produced.

You cannot bring a product to the Q that is NOT mass produced---that is a requirement.  QVC is viewed by millions on a daily basis, that requires a huge inventory of pieces.  No getting around mass production.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I think I just became a Ripkanista with these earrings..... just ordered , hope they are as gorgeous in reality!C8D2D59A-76E0-4557-8D9E-2DF1CABACBD0.png

Respected Contributor

I guess my being a Ripkanista was a very short lived..... These earrings were the cheapest and the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Shame on both JR and QVC for such production.

Regular Contributor

I love her jewelry, and own many pieces, but, now I can't afford her prices.  Although they are beautiful, she has now overprices herself.

Super Contributor

Yes, we are on fb now... many of us who were regulars here years ago.if you search Qvc Ripkanistas you will find us🎄

Contributor

My daughter purchased Judith’s gemstone hoop earrings. One kept falling out of her ear, so I took it to my jewelers. They said the gemstones were genuine. However, the frame was very weak and they could not tighten the clasp because they were afraid of breaking it. They suggested she wear rubber stoppers. They are lovely earrings but for the price she paid, the metal should have been better quality.