Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini-visit October 2015--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

I've been trying to get this post started for hours but have been putting out little fires all morning.  Just now it was an animal control officer who said our Yorkie's tag was expired which is false.  I had to dig out the paid receipt from weeks ago, plus the rabies certificate.  He had no explanation as to why he was knocking on doors when they hadn't updated their records in three weeks.  The biggest shock was earlier, however, when I walked onto our front porch and discovered our two three-foot-tall Chinese Foo Dogs had been stolen off of our front porch in the middle of the night.  They had been there for 10 years.   I loved those Chinese "lions" and always had them decorated with wreaths (like the Chicago Art Instiute lions during the holidays) and seasonal ornaments--bats for Halloween.  DH thinks some kid has them in his bedroom because of the coolness factor.  I wonder how this kid will explain their presence to his parents. Man Frustrated Still shocked and heartbroken that someone could do this!

Anyway, who has been partaking of all the great JR sale pricing and E/Ps?  I know I have.Heart

Here's the schedule for the mini-visit:  4-6PM Eastern Standard Time (1-3PM Pacific Standard Time); 11PM-Midnight EST (8-9PM PST); Saturday 1-3AM EST (Friday 10PM-Midnight PST).

Please catch us up with what's happening for you and which JR is catching your eye and pocketbook.  Miss you all!!!   Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini-visit October 2015--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Anyone, Ripkanista or newbie, getting the OTO J296663, round 118-facet Tennis Bracelet, sizes 6 3/4", 7 1/4". 8" in sterling or clad sterling?  Regular list price is $292, OTO price is $189 with six E/P of $31.62.

Looks like reviews are mixed.  Sure wish the Q would work on their quality across the board!  But with a relatively inexpensive E/P trial, it could be something to check out.

Good luck! ~Peach

Corrected board stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; 11,527 posts

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini-visit October 2015--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Anybody???

I've gotten a few things with the sale but today I added J295830 Gemstone Studs, DMQ studs, jacket and a couple of pairs of Happy Backs.  I already have this former TSV in Citrine and Amethyst but decided to add the Blue Topaz today.  I plan to keep the extra Happy Backs out all of the time and use them on the posts of my omegas and other earrings as much as possible to support the earrings and keep them upright with the added help behind the lobes.  I think they'll make a difference on all earrings.  ~Peach

Corrected Board Stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; posts: 11,528.

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas:  another great buy I caved on, J297010 which includes a removeable DMQ enhancer with a dangling DMQ briolette and six-station chain, on 4 E/P.  I already have this one in the clad and it is very unique and beautiful (reviews/review thread to come Sunday).

Anyone getting the clad collar OTOs?  J52303.  I'm passing this time. 

I'll miss the late JR show...where is everyone?  ~Peach

Corrected Board Stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008, Posts: 11,529.

Frequent Contributor

LuckyPeach, great to see you. Unfortunately, I missed the shows so far.  I am sorry to hear about your Chinese Foo Dogs taking flight.  It is such an invasion of your sanctuary.  It is absolutely ridiculous that Animal Control is checking on licenses when their records are out of date.  It makes no sense.

I love the stud earrings with happy back jackets.  I bought 2 pair when they were the higher sale price.  I wish the citrine set was still available because I would jump on that one.  I still need to review the sale items and see if there is anything calling my name.  I finally paid off my easy pays again, but that is an endless cycle (because I just start all over again because of lack of willpower).

I am hoping to catch the morning and show and seeing what others are purchasing.  I have my eye on the 16" collar that is sale priced right now and on easy pay and has good reviews.  Enjoy the day!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach....so nice to see you! So sorry about your Foo dogs. Maybe it was a stupid prank and your doggies will home again soon. I would like to. Put out topiaries or wreaths, but I think they'd be gone pronto! As for the licenses.....who in the world has enough staff to be doing that? Aren't there bigger fish. To fry?

I bought the cushion faced watch that I think is called the Lola....the face is the same as the silicone watch, and I wear that to death.I had requested that Judith make that watch with a leather/ faux crocodile band....I would get it in black, brown, and maybe a fun color for casual wear.It would be even better if it had decent changeable straps.

,I saw the mudslides on the news....and the 5 freeway shut down...are you OK where you are? I hope so.  Take care!

O/T I received the H by Halston long cardigan that was a TSV recently....it's a keeper! Did not like the blush color...it looked pink on TV and was more of a flesh toned peach...yellow based and NOT good for me...washed me out.....but the black is fabulous. Soft and comfy....I have been reaching for it a lot in one short week...I foresee another one being ordered shortly...wish everything was that terrific....

Valued Contributor

Littleone2, so nice to hear from you!  DH and I really feel violated about the Chinese Foo Dogs.  They are large and appear heavy (even though they are resin composite) so this took some planning for the thieves who couldn't know the weight from a distance--definitely a two-person job. I got them from Target on clearance about 10 years ago when they had that international promotion and lots of exotic pieces.  We will be walking the neighborhood this afternoon.  Our next door neighbor has had packages stolen (as have we, though the Q replaced all but one) so we both are thinking about total front yard enclosure now.  Such a shame. 

How's MN?  How are you feeling? 

The dog license person was annoying, especially since we lost our dog, Paris II just a year ago thanks to the shelter spreading Kennel Cough via a dog we had just adopted from there (she was heavily vaccinated--not a fan of those either).  She gave it to Paris II who was immune compromised.  If you are curious about how crazy things are here with the LA county shelters, you'll get an interesting earful via a local activist (RicBrowde.com/dogrescue).

Yes, those stud earrings are a real value now and the Citrine would go with both silver and gold.  Saturation is very good on them.  Maybe, "Over There" (auction site)?  I'm perpetually in E/P land due to personal weakness.

I'll have to take a look at that collar.  I admit to have tons from back in time, though, which look current.  Take care and thanks for posting! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

GHB, yes, that did cross my mind that they'd return after Halloween, but I don't know--maybe wishful thinking.  Over the past couple of years we have a lot of new immigrants from the Mainland who'd like having large Foo Dogs.  As for the LA County shelter system, they are understaffed, so I think it is just incompetence.  I put an interesting site in my post to Littleone2, if you are curious. 

That Lola watch is nice!  Good ideas for expanding the design!!  I have that silicone watch in orange--easy to wear and read.  I thought another long-time Ripkanista had a good idea too when she recently sold her JR watch on the large auction site--she had purchased a bunch of "quick release" bands to expand her options for that particular watch and the photos looked great.  I was too slow to grab her collection--someone else beat me to it.

No impact for the mudslides here, thanks for asking.  Though DH will have to go there tomorrow...or do an alternate route.  Scary for those who were caught in it and lost their vehicles.

The Halston sweater must look rich in black.  Thanks for the rec. and description of the blush--very helpful.

How are you?  What's happening?  Hope you are well.  Take care~Peach

Corrected Board Stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 200; Post count: 15,531.

Super Contributor

Hey Peach!  Thanks for the post and keep us updated on your dog statues... Did you report it to the police incase someone comes across them?  I purchased 3 of the sale iterms... I purchased the black spinel band ring, the 1.8 carat black spinel north south oval cluster ring and the silver bead chain.  I wanted the "ice cube" bracelet but I have to behave... lol...What did you purchase during the Oct. visit?

Frequent Contributor

Hi Ripkanistas: I have not  note posted in ages. I got J283279: sterling 18" shot bead chain necklace. A real classic. I can layer it with other necklaces or add one of my ripka enhancers.  Does any one have this piece? How is the quality?