Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early November 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in...? :)

How's everyone doing?  The cool weather finally hit SoCal, along with a bit of rain.  Finally got my braces off, after two very long years and now the pain is confined to wearing retainers at night, haha.  Highly rec. my Burbank ortho--she's a perfectionist!  Now, looking to find a regular dentist to do the final repairs (former one retired and his replacement is a shyster).  Got a single implant after losing the molar at age nine.  It was a process because I had to regrow bone with donor bone.  It  feels like a monster block in my mouth, ugh!  Anyone go through this?

Anyway, have you found that you think you can relax for a second after completing a project, only to discover that a new project pops up to take its place?  How were your local elections?  In spite of everything our candidate for mayor lost by 55 votes (she is being encouraged to ask for a re-count).

I've been celebrating entirely too much with JR lately (LTS and "As Is") but it is always nice to see what Judith and Beth have been up to...  Here's the schedule:  Thursday Midnight-2AM Eastern Standard Time (Wednesday 9-11PM, Pacific Standard Time); 3-5AM EST (Midnight-2AM PST); 11AM-Noon EST (8-9AM PST); 1-3PM EST (10AM-Noon PST).

So please share what you are liking and what made it to your check-out basket.  And, what do you think of the shoes?  I like the ones pictured in the photo box but they aren't listed yet.  Thanks~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early November 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in...? :

[ Edited ]

Hi Peach!  I'm sitting in my recliner, 3 week post op from total knee replacement surgrry and thinking I need a pity gem from Judith this go-round....maybe the new gemstone bypass rings!  Hope you and yours are well!

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka early November 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in...? :

Hi, @LuckyPeach!  Glad to hear your weather has improved and your braces are a thing of the past!  I've missed the activity in this sub-forum and was happy to see a few new threads with posts by "familiar faces".

I couldn't resist the black onyx clad Monaco ring.  The design has always been among my favorites and I own several in silver and one (canary crystal with white diamonds) from Judith's 18k couture line...which I treasure and wear often.  Truly look forward to adding this one to the collection!

Hope you and yours have a wonderful, peaceful holiday season!! 

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach!  I'm sitting in my recliner, 3 week post op from total knee replacement surgrry and thinking I need a pity gem from Judith this go-round....maybe the new gemstone bypass rings!  Hope you and yours are well!

Hi, @Sammycat1!  I'm so happy to hear that the surgery is behind you.  Sending best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so disappointed that her beautiful shoes are so  late getting here for Fall/Winter.  I looked my brains out for shoes of the leopard print/design with pony or calf hair that I liked throughout the internet and even trips to Atlanta.  I ended up buying a pair of Sam Edelman and a pair of Michael Kors, neither of which I really liked.  I ADORE these kitten heels and the litte chub heel with the bow on Judith's but they are a day late and a dollar short.  

My fall wardrobe search begins in late August and if I don't have it by mid October, then I have opted to buy an alternative.  What is QVC thinking?  These shoes are ready for a mark down price almost and they are just appearing and I adore them and if I had not already bought two alternative pairs, I would have gotten 3 pairs of JR shoes.

What is wrong with the delivery date for QVC, always a season behind.

Valued Contributor

{{Sammycat1}}!! How are you feeling and how did it go?  Left or right knee?  Sounds scary to me.  Hope you are OK.  When will you be able to walk on it normally?

Did you decide on one of the new bypass rings?  Pretty!  I've been so bad lately and even though I like the TSV watch, I recently got the clad one that was a LTS.  I did cave on the 52" OTO, J320059, Verona circle link in black and chocolate.  The price had finally dropped to what I thought was acceptable.  I have nothing like them--which is saying something!!!

Missed most of the shows because I had to drop off DH at 4:30AM for another trial to fly his new methane instrument on a drone at a local military base.  Take care of yourself!!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Dallas-Dame, so nice to see you again!  I've missed the boards myself and hope to start posting again regularly now that I don't have the "hit" of metal in my mouth against my low immune system.  Thanks for the kind thoughts.

I agree that the new clad Onyx Monaco ring is irresistible!  So rich looking...  I bet your couture JR Monaco ring is tremendous!!!Heart  I have most of the JRQ Monaco rings and a couple of the JR2 ones.  It is definitely one of her best designs of her entire career.

Take care and thanks for posting! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Namealreadytaken, thanks for your post!  I have to say, I totally agree that the JR shoes should've been here by August at the latest.  I love the two styles you picked also.  Kitten heels are sexy and you don't have to worry about falling off of them, plus the haircalf is an indicator of quality.  The chunky heels are nice, too, with a pretty curvy line to the body of the shoe--they could go anywhere!  Too bad the Q didn't meet an important deadline, however, they could be nice for gifting for the holidays...  Take care and please keep posting~Peach

Honored Contributor

I have quite a bit of Judith's jewelry and now that I no longer work and am not socially as active as I once was, I don't buy as much as physically I am challenged and limit my activities to church and a couple little old lady clubs.  

However, I like to look nice, and the higher heels offered by so many (and Sam and Michael had the lowest heels) some over 4-inches, some much taller), albeit pretty, are not nearly as  well suited to this old lady with MS and spinal stenosis whose every movement could become my audience's worst nightmare.  Ha ha.

I do teach some classes still on gardening, motivational speaking, speak on tiny local issues as well as a SS church class.  I like to walk as I teach to reach my audience, some of whom are hearing impaired, so high, high heels are the bane of these endeavors.  

Valued Contributor

Namealreadytaken, it sounds to me like you are still really active and I cannot imagine how much more active you must've been in the past!  "Little old lady clubs..."--you gave me a chuckle!    I think age has really changed; look at the women in politics, most are well over 65.

But I do agree that the super high heels, especially the ones with platforms are nearly impossible to walk in safely, regardless of age.  I still shudder when I remember in college how I fell off of my hugh platform navy leather clogs right in front of a bus while crossing the street when the light changed. 

I bet you are an excellent teacher--all of your topics are interesting! ~Peach

Actual board stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; 11,533 posts.