Super Contributor

How do I get tagging to work?

Is it working now?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I get tagging to work?

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by "get tagging to work"? Do you mean how do you tag a post or how do you use tags to find content?

To tag a post you are writing, add your tag keywords in the Message Tags box before you click Post.You can enter multiple tags by separating them with a comma. (Ex: Post, Tags, Forums)

To tag a post after it's been posted by you or anyone else, click the Tags link at the bottom of the post. Enter your Tags in the field and then click ADD.

To find posts with a tag you have added, visit your Profile page and scroll down to the My Tags section on the far left. Click any tag to bring up posts that have been tagged with that key word.

To find Top Tags that others have used, visit the home page of any forum topic (Ex: Beauty, Handbags, Garden) and scroll down to the Top Tags section on the left. Click on any tag to find posts people have tagged with that key word.

It's better to use short key word tags, like WEN, How to, or Recipe. You used "Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage - they've experienced pain and bought jewelry" as your tag, which is not going to categorize threads or be helpful. That seems more like a post title than a tag. Tag = key word.

Super Contributor

Maybe I'm using the incorrect terms.

I want to place on my posts the same quote from Rita Rudner that I've always had.  I thought it was called tagging.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kaplan, You want to put your saying from Rita Rudner about men who bought jewelry, right?  I have "Jersey Girls don't pump gas".

That's not a tag.

You have to go to your personal settings.  Click on your Forum name and on the left side there will be choices.   Under the Forum list it will say Quick Links.  It's either my settings or edit my preferences.  I forget which one it is.   I figured it out only by playing around with all the choices.

Find your personal profile, and your personal information.  There will be a place for you to type in your "saying".  It will then appear on all your posts.

HTH

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@kaplan206 wrote:

Maybe I'm using the incorrect terms.

I want to place on my posts the same quote from Rita Rudner that I've always had.  I thought it was called tagging.

No, that's called a Signature. Click HERE for directions on adding a signature.

Super Contributor

I get it, tags are like hashtags on Instagram?  How do you reply under a person's comments?

Trusted Contributor

Click post in the persons square that you want to reply to...type your message

and hit post again!!