Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Do So Many Hosts Wear The Same Watch?

Perhaps they got a discount (or gift) from a vendor?  Hosts are well paid and get a lot of stuff for free.  Remember when Joan Rivers gave Kathy Levine a Fabrege egg at her farewell party (way better than any retirement gift I received!).

Honored Contributor

There are various versions of the Cartier tank.  I'm sure some are cheaper.  I just grabbed the first one I saw.  It appears to have some diamonds on it.  Maybe Q gives them a watch because they're afraid thèyll wear an Invicta.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I rarely wear a watch..........but I have a Timex "tank" that looks OK (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

ESQ Brand under the parent company Movado! Beautiful watches.
Esteemed Contributor

@kjae wrote:

And several-David and Lisa-had the Ballon Bleu.  Mucho dinero.  Lisa wore the round diamond encrusted bezel to the tune of $68,000.  David's-$6600.  They earn big bucks.  Happy they can purchase things they love.  And yes, Shawn, Leah, and several others wear the tank.

I can't imagine spending that kind of bucks for a watch....

Honored Contributor

@saltysails  Really the think QVC is THAT generous to give out $68,000 watches? If so, maybe that's why the financial difficulties.

Honored Contributor

All these "high end watches" (hate that phrase) may be copies. They live/work near NY. When I was there recently, any expensive knockoff watches and bags available on every corner.

Respected Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill has worn the same Cartier watch with black strap for years. At least that is what it looks like to me. Very, very expensive. However, she seems to continue to wear the same one.

She also wears Tiffany silver jewelry when she isn't wearing her own. I have several of the same bracelets.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

All these "high end watches" (hate that phrase) may be copies. They live/work near NY. When I was there recently, any expensive knockoff watches and bags available on every corner.

These items are the real time. A knockoff is illegal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably because it's the only watch they wear.   They choose to own one good watch rather than several lower quality ones.

I've seen Shawn, Leah and Jill with that Cartier watch.  I only see Leah and Shawn wear that watch and that watch only.  Shawn has said a number of times that the watch was a gift from her parents.  Leah has mentioned treating herself to nicer jewelry items for various milestones in her life so my guess is that watch was a to me from me gift.

For the longest time, Jill wore a Movado watch every single day. Then it broke and she was wearing a cheaper watch and then sprung for the Cartier.  She has mentioned this when people wanted to know about her watch.  I know Jennifer Coffey wears a watch that looks rather similar but it's a bronzo italia watch. She said she has it in every color.  I own the white version and love it.   

Lisa R. didn't buy her Ballon Bleu watch brand new.  I don't think a lot of her watches are brand new.  She posted on FB that there is a site she buys used watches from.      

Yeah knock-offs are illegal but there are tons of watches that look just like a high end designer watch but use their own name.  I own a sterling Ecclissi watch from years and years ago that is basically a knock-off of a Cartier.  I had no idea when I bought it, I just liked the watch.  Bronzo Italia also did a knock-off of the Ballon Bleu and I own that as well and love it.  Many watches on QVC are modeled after higher-end watches.