Super Contributor

No More Epiphany?

[ Edited ]

I haven't paid much attention to the Diamonique shows on QVC in quite awhile. I recently decided that I wanted to look for a diamonique tennis bracelet in the epiphany line. When I began looking, all I could find is platinum plated. Did they just quit calling it Epiphany at some point? 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it presented or talked about in a long time.  I could be wrong but I think it fizzled out like bronzo.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why it would have.  That was one of their best items, IMHO.  Nothing like Bronzo, no comparison.  Oh, well.  I guess lots of things fizzle when the going gets rough.

Honored Contributor

They still have platinum clad over sterling silver they are just not calling it Epiphany.

Respected Contributor

There are pages of platinum clad diamonique items.

Honored Contributor
Imo Platinum clad isn't the same quality! Not even close. For that reason alone, No longer plan purchasing any clad items. Same with Tacori! Miss the quality.
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

I haven't paid much attention to the Diamonique shows on QVC in quite awhile. I recently decided that I wanted to look for a diamonique tennis bracelet in the epiphany line. When I began looking, all I could find is platinum plated. Did they just quit calling it Epiphany at some point? 

I read the title and thought you meant the Feast of the Epiphany...lol  

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

They still have platinum clad over sterling silver they are just not calling it Epiphany.

The Epiphany line wasn't platinum clad.  It was a mixture of sterling silver and platinum and other alloys.  So, there was no "plating" to wear off.  Jtv sells a similar metal, called Platineve.    That was claim of Bronzo too but several of my Bronzo pieces are showing that the pieces were plated and the plating is wearing off.  I assume that's why the Bronzo line was discontinued.  It wasn't what they claimed it was. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

The Epiphany line wasn't platinum clad.  It was a mixture of sterling silver and platinum and other alloys.  So, there was no "plating" to wear off.  Jtv sells a similar metal, called Platineve.    That was claim of Bronzo too but several of my Bronzo pieces are showing that the pieces were plated and the plating is wearing off.  I assume that's why the Bronzo line was discontinued.  It wasn't what they claimed it was. 

Where are you getting this information about Epiphany? QVC called the line "Epiphany Platinum Clad Sterling & Diamonique Jewelry." They never said it was an alloy.

PLD.jpg

Honored Contributor

I quit buying Epiphany rings early on because I found them to have serious scratching problems.  Ironically I don't find this issue with any other plated lines, no matter how inexpensive.