QVC Customer Care

Re: Where do you buy your jewelry from?

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains external retail link

Contributor

I also have bought a lot of my favorite pieces from Sonia Bitton when gold was heavy and her diamonds larger.  I have also bought and traded up diamonds from a family owned jeweler for 40 years.  There is a lot of resale Sonia on E Bay, but I would never part with mine.  Have never ordered from HSN  as they have never had a selection.  QVC is getting better, ,but quality is not up to Sonia’s,  most of expensive jewelry at QVC Is imported,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I began buying jewelry at QVC over 10 years ago. The first line I ever bought and kept was Barbara Bixby. I tried Judith Ripka back than and it didn't speak to me.

I used to buy quite a bit of 14K from QVC but it seems those days are over.

I still buy Barbara Bixby on QVC and the last several years also Or Paz. IMO, BB hasn't gone down in quality. I compared my first pieces with ones I just received in the last few weeks and they are all beautiful and substantially made. I love her design and aesthetic. She uses the best gemstones and I love the mix of silver with 18K. I've never been disappointed in Or Paz; beautiful, unique and the prices are reasonable.

I also buy jewelry on eBay and TJ Maxx. I've never shopped on Evine as I've heard their CS is not as great and the S/H is a bit high.

~Live with Intention~
Contributor

NOT QVC..PRICES HAVE GONE TO HIGH SINCE THEY BOUGHT HSN.

Trusted Contributor

Shoplc only on Friday when they have under 10.00 but I am having the most fun on their auction site.  I have gotten things at very low prices but you have to be smart about how to do it.  It's just fun with low s/h price of 2.99 on the auction site and 1.99 at 10.00 and under dayl.

Frequent Contributor

I used to buy lots of Diamonique from QVC. I've bought  few pieces from HSN too. I discovered JTV and I've been buying from them for several years. I love there Bella Luce line, but I discovered gemstones. That's what I ususally buy now. They have a man made stone they sell called Strontium Titinate that I'm in love with now. It's got 5 times the sparkle of a diamond. I have 4 pieces, but I will probably buy more.

Super Contributor

I buy my jewelry mostly from ShopLC and Etsy. Sometimes, I buy loose gems. My hubby gave me a pair of Amber earrings and a pair of green flourite loose gems from a Mineral and Gem show.

Super Contributor

@songbirdNowadays, according to the jewelry industry, gems are not longer classified into precious or semiprecious. All the gems are beautiful and many of them rarer than a diamond, sapphire, emerald and ruby. It seems you will never appreciate the beauty of a high quality alexandrite a so called "semiprecious" stone is one of the most expensive gems in the world.Or a fine red spinel another "semiprecious" stone. This gem framed many people in history. That's why it's called the "imposter" of the gem world because it was believed to be a ruby. The big red cabochon set in England's Crown Jewels is the famous Black Prince "Ruby", one of the most famous spinels.

Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@songbirdNowadays, according to the jewelry industry, gems are not longer classified into precious or semiprecious. All the gems are beautiful and many of them rarer than a diamond, sapphire, emerald and ruby. It seems you will never appreciate the beauty of a high quality alexandrite a so called "semiprecious" stone is one of the most expensive gems in the world.Or a fine red spinel another "semiprecious" stone. This gem framed many people in history. That's why it's called the "imposter" of the gem world because it was believed to be a ruby. The big red cabochon set in England's Crown Jewels is the famous Black Prince "Ruby", one of the most famous spinels.

All I know is that I hate topaz and Amethyst.  Some of the garnets are pretty bad.  They are still lower priced on Gem Shopping where I get most of my stuff.  Spinels are "middle gems"  Better then the white Topaz (the real color of Topaz other then the Imperial) that sits on the bottom.   Turqouise is still mostly popular in the U.S.  Rarely sought after in Europe. So that remain relatively  cheap.  Tourmeline is becoming more desirable thanks in part to the popularity of  Rubellite and the Pariaba.  So those are middle gems too.