Honored Contributor

a gold show ?   Sure miss looking at stuff.

Not that throw away garbage, but, real  nice stuff.

Respected Contributor

Jewelry is a continuing money loser for the Q. Thats why there are very few shows.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE.  I don't know if you like to buy estate pieces but resale sites like Ebay may be good if you do.  As a jewelry dealer I often find estate pieces that have very little or no wear at all.  Some collections are huge and it appears the jewelry has been stored not worn.

Respected Contributor

Ditto!

Respected Contributor

SharkE,

You have been shopping here a very long time.  If you go to the QVC program guide you can check all the listings by day or week. 

On Thursday, March 23, there is an all-day gem day with lots and lots of fine jewelry, probably with a large amount set in gold.

I know that I am at the stage in life where I have more jewelry than I can wear, and most of what I like anymore is quite expensive, and more or less out of budget.  

Perhaps it is time to sell a few of the cheap pieces and buy one or two really nice items that you will want to wear all the time.  That is what I am considering doing because there is no need to just increase my jewelry box contents.  But, I do like window shopping as well!

Honored Contributor

Probably no time soon.  

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

SharkE,

You have been shopping here a very long time.  If you go to the QVC program guide you can check all the listings by day or week. 

On Thursday, March 23, there is an all-day gem day with lots and lots of fine jewelry, probably with a large amount set in gold.

I know that I am at the stage in life where I have more jewelry than I can wear, and most of what I like anymore is quite expensive, and more or less out of budget.  

Perhaps it is time to sell a few of the cheap pieces and buy one or two really nice items that you will want to wear all the time.  That is what I am considering doing because there is no need to just increase my jewelry box contents.  But, I do like window shopping as well!

I don't have any cheap pieces. I sold some stuff off few yrs ago for 3,000. I just like watching gold shows and seeing what's out there. 

Honored Contributor

Those that like to watch but not buy is not profitable for any compamny!!

Frequent Contributor

Been with the Q almost since day 1- the show I miss the most was the Once in a Lifetime jewelry one- wish I had been able to purchase some of those fabulous pieces back then!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Those that like to watch but not buy is not profitable for any compamny!!

Yes indeed.  Qvc is in trouble because they have more viewers than customers.