Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of SKULL jewelry?

I see so many skull items in public - on clothing, jewelry and even tattoos.

I don't like it, it's very creepy!!

Esteemed Contributor

I like some of Barbara Bixby's skull jewelry.  I could see a really great ring on my right hand - something ornate.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Ugliest  thing  I've ever seen !!!   Maybe it appeals to the younger generation - but I'd never buy them for my kids !

Esteemed Contributor

Almost Halloween, all I can say.  No, I would not wear it unless I was going to a theme dance all dressed up to scare someone. 

Trusted Contributor

When I wear my skull jewelry, I like just a touch of it here or there.  I have earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.  Oh, and I do have a Sugar Skull shirt that I only wear at Halloween. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Guy on Dr. Phil Wed would had liked it LOL

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't have any, but I find it interesting and spiritual. I understand the symbolism behind it is to remember and honor the dead. If you are religious, I don't understand why wearing a skull and even cross bones would be sacrilegious. Why would people of religion fear death?

They don't fear death, they believe in the dignity of death.

Displaying a skull may run contrary to that belief.

Just another opinion, everyone is entitled to their taste.

Respected Contributor

I don't own any but to each their own.   I have no religious jewelry either.   I do collect cameo's of women in many forms, so to me this is no different than skulls.  Hope those who have them enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan anymore-----but I do have a few pieces of the sugar skull Fiestaware that I love.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia The bulk of my collection comes from King Baby; you can find many of his pieces on HSN though I've been purchasing them directly from his store for years. The rings I have of his are marketed as mens' rings; fine by me because I like a large statement ring and nothing else and a skull ring (with deep ruby eyes) is a thing of beauty, lol. 

Barbara Bixby is the other designer I go after for skull items. Definitely different from King Baby, her skull rings (that's all I purchase from her) include gem stones (diamonds) as well as a more Art Nouveau look to the items. I also like how she often incorporates gold adding to its' dimension.  Enjoy your search and wearing them!