Trusted Contributor

The offerings of this TSV includes what they are calling an 'emerald cushion cut'.   This doesn't look anything like an emerald cut stone - way too faceted, even taking into consideration this new '100 faceted' cut.  This looks more like an oval cushion in my opinion.

If I had to choose I would prefer the princess cut of this ring - more modern and fresh.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

The offerings of this TSV includes what they are calling an 'emerald cushion cut'.   This doesn't look anything like an emerald cut stone - way too faceted, even taking into consideration this new '100 faceted' cut.  This looks more like an oval cushion in my opinion.

If I had to choose I would prefer the princess cut of this ring - more modern and fresh.

I think the 100 facet is what I have in Black HIlls ring I purchased from Q almost 10 years ago and my ring is lovely.  There are 3 stones and they sparkle as much today as they did the day I got it.  

Respected Contributor

if i was buying one of these, i would probably get the rose gold in round.  The classic round is always my favorite. 

I'll be passing on this, as i have waaay too many rings with clear stones. 

I do think the price is great, and its a pretty ring. if i was in the market for one, i would surely pick this up. 

enjoy 

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@fitfuninformed

ITA ....  the emerald cut is a step cut, just like baguettes ae done.    I don't like this ring at all .....  all the clutter of teeny stones.    Not a style I would ever wear.

Honored Contributor

I have never loved the traditional emerald cut -  not even on my sister's stone.  I know it was expensive, but for the money it just didn't have all that much sparkle.

Respected Contributor

Calling that an emerald shape felt wrong to me, too. It's not quite an emerald because the corners are so rounded off, but not quite an oval because it wasn't wider in the middle. It reminds me of the nail shape they call a "Squoval," because it's a square shape with rounded corners.

Honored Contributor

Emerald (shape) stones can either be done in a step cut or a faceted cut (of which there are many.)  Personally, I prefer the facets.  I have never really liked the step cut; sure you have to have a nearly perfect stone to start with, but it doesn't sparkle the way faceted stones do.  And for me that's the big deal; the sparkle.

Contributor

I understand the confusion here.  My original diamond was a cut called 'oval cushion' or 'elongated cushion'.  It was rounded in the middle and square/round on the corners. 

I have an 'elongated radiant' cut diamond now.  The corners are cut the same as an emerald cut stone.  Some diamonds are cushion cut which are square and some are elongaged.  The correct name for the Diamonique TSV would be Elongaged Cushion.   

As mentioned, a true Emerald cut diamond is also known as a step cut.  

Honored Contributor

If I bought one, I would buy the rose gold in the emerald cushion.  I love the believability of that ring.  It really is amazing.   It would make a lovely alternate to my wedding sets.  I don't have a rose gold one.  But, I'm being strong.  I'm not buying anymore cz jewelry.  I keep reminding myself...

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique TSV

[ Edited ]

A bit OT but here goes:

Whenever I've seen the DMQ vendor, she has the most meticulous manicure.  Her color choice is always lovely. Her hands are so pretty.