Honored Contributor

Re: What are these things called......

[ Edited ]

It's called a jewelry basket jar.

Amazon has one. Look for:

Razzle Dazzle Jewelry Cleaning Jar with Cleaning Brush

Respected Contributor

I've never seen the container you're looking for without some sort of cleaning solution already in it. However, Amazon has a Lock and Lock Special Airtight Pickle Container that might work for you. It comes in large ($13.98)  and small ($11.98) sizes and is Prime, so there's no shipping cost. It's a plastic Lock andLock container with an internal, slotted basket with a handle that allows you to store pickles, olives, etc. in their brine in the basket. When you want to get some, you lift up the basket, take what you want and return the rest to the brine. The same principle would hold true for your jewelry cleaner. Put some cleaning solution into the container and add your jewelry to the basket  whenever you want to clean it. Lift it out by the handle when it's clean.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks!  Razzle Dazzle is the website.  I ordered 2. Thank you

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I get mine at WalMart too, they have one for silver and one for gold, in the jewelry dept.

So did I and it is terribly old and still works great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

our local jewelry store sells large containers like this.

they will give you a free small jar and polishing cloth for free just for stopping in if you ask (no basket in it though.)

@sunshine45   If no cup included, you can use any small plastic cup/container (loc 'n lock works) & make a few holes in the bottom w/ a nail so the solution can penetrate. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You really don't have to purchase jewelry cleaner or at least  refills. Any plastic container w/ lid will be fine. Fill w/ dish soap, salt, baking soda and water. Shake well before each use. The solution can be heated slightly in microwave for stubborn tarnish.

***This works for silver, gold, gemstone jewelry (not porous ones like pearls and opals, etc.)...even costume jewelry.