Valued Contributor

Well, I guess I'm done with..

Buying anything more on QVC because all I ever bought was jewelry and Dooney bags.  I'm not buying all the overpriced beauty items on the new beauty station.  I'm not buying any jewelry because I bought all my 14k jewelry many years ago on the Q when the prices were reasonable, and I have 48 Dooney bags all which are beautiful and made very well, and I have 12 Florentine bags, and they will last me the rest of my life.  So now I'll just keep in touch through the fun blogs.  You guys are great, have fun buying on the Q.

Valued Contributor

Re: Well, I guess I'm done with..

It is a nice place to be, you do not need anything else. I am right behind you. Thinking I will find my cooking roots again and will start with some new gadjets.

Respected Contributor

I'm right there with you - everything is way overpriced for my liking.  48 Dooney bags - my!  There's your retirement money!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who needs 48 Dooney bags? That is just a hoarding issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

If I think back to when QVC shipped to Canada and then fast forward to 2017, what would I have bought back then that I would not buy today?

I would not buy a Clarisonic -- I bought one for my daughter at a Canadian drugstore using loyalty points and I bought one for myself more than a year later on sale from the Canadian shopping channel.

I can buy Joan Rivers and Isaac Mizrahi clothes from TSC in Canada but I have fallen out of love with the Joan Rivers clothes and jewelry so I think I'm done with them.

The last time I bought a Dooney from QVC was probably more than 10 years ago. I think that Dooneys are OK but I am not going to buy one for myself again.

Hagit sterling jewelry - I have a couple of pieces that I bought in Canada. QVC has some nice pieces but I am not going to buy them. I don't have any interest currently in any other jewelry line that QVC carries.

IT Cosmetics - I can buy the original CC cream in Canada. No need to buy elsewhere when I buy it on sale.

Maybe I would buy Doll 10 lipsticks from QVC but I have found other brands that I like very much including Essence, ELF, Revlon, Hard Candy, some L'Oreal - the ones without scent, and Clinique. I buy them from bricks and mortar stores.

Frequent Contributor

So. you can buy all this stuff in Canada - so ...... are we supposed to be jealous?  We poor folks here in the good ole USA will just be stuck with QVC and will buy what we need and want - no more , no less.  I think I have bought just about "one" of everything since the old QVC days - so now, I get something here and there and not that often. I feel that's how we all are nowadays. 

What do you think???

Esteemed Contributor

@lovemyparrot wrote:

So. you can buy all this stuff in Canada - so ...... are we supposed to be jealous?  We poor folks here in the good ole USA will just be stuck with QVC and will buy what we need and want - no more , no less.  I think I have bought just about "one" of everything since the old QVC days - so now, I get something here and there and not that often. I feel that's how we all are nowadays. 

What do you think???

No, not at all. When QVC stopped shipping to Canada about 4 years ago, I was sad. But time goes on and even though none of the big 3 shopping networks ship to Canada, you just have to be resourceful and shop elsewhere. I don't shop Amazon but many Canadians do shop the american and canadian websites. They shop ebay and second hand shop. They look for free and reduced shipping and they cross border shop too.

I wish HSN though shipped to Canada as they carry wide widths of shoes like Vince Camuto while nobody else does.

New Contributor

Hi,

I just joined this blog.  I didn't know QVC offered this.  I'm happy to see they do as I often have questions that the reviews don't mention.

I found this topic regarding not buying QVC anymore interesting.  I just started buying quite a few things from QVC in the last two years.  I seem to have more luck with small appliances such as vacuums, kitchen items, and jewelry.  

As far as clothes I like many of the styles and colors, but I often have to return the clothes because of the fit or material.  I think it's my shape.  I'm short and pear shape.  I generally wear petite pants and regular tops.  

I have to return many things, and  I'm think QVC is not very happy about this.  I've received a couple letters asking why and that I should watch the videos that are placed by the item information.  I always watch the videos.  And sometimes its still not helpful.  

But over all I am satisfied with many things I buy.  I live in a very rural area.  The biggest city is 3 hours away and nothing in between.  The selection in my town is "slim pickens."

So all my clothing purchases on made on line.  And I stick with what I know works for me.

I'm in the process of downsizing, which includes getting rid of many items.  I still buy new things, but for every new bag or pair of shoes I bring into the house,I get rid of a couple of things that I no longer use.  For the most part more is going out then coming in.

I have found a great second hand store where I can sell my things.  She works on a 70% /30% split.  I get 70% and she gets 30%.  The community this store is in is a tourist town with a college and very busy.  So things move in her store and I make a little money.  What she doesn't sell she gives to a battered women's shelter.

I have also sold items on Facebook.  There are FB pages that you can join that are for selling items.  From clothes, jewelry, furniture, cars, even baked goods.  For some people this is how they make extra money or buy things for cheap when the economy is bad, which is the case now.  I'm wanting to sell on eBay but just have not taken the time to set it up.  I have items that I would prefer to sell on eBay, more expense things. On eBay you have a wider market to sell to. 

I also give many things to a homeless agency.

There are many opportunities to get rid of the many things you no longer use and also to be of service to those who have greater need then we do.  

One last thought.  I think sometimes its easy to impulsively buy things for the immediate good feeling it gives a person.  I have done this before and find its easy for this to happen on QVC.  So I have to be careful.  

Just some thoughts to consider. 

Have a great day.

Trusted Contributor

greatdanemom, you are a treasure of common sense and American charity.  Thanks for your post.