Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS .....OCTOBER 2018

[ Edited ]

Good Morning gals.

Yes Java, I remember the Deco Clone.  It sleeps in its compartment waiting to get out of there.  As with most of my watches.  

Aub, Thx for the pic on the blue Eco.  Now I’m drivin to Macys website, where I never go.  I see that blue watch and I love it.  That extra 15% off may drive me off the edge.  Never needing a battery, I can go for that.  I’m wondering if that blue really is that color.  Sometimes my monitor misleads me.  I might try it too.  36mm.  I love the uncomplicated dial, the right side is not full of stems. And I love the lines on the dial, looks like a sun ~Burst~.  Aub, you may have caused another watch purchase here.  I have it in my cart.  We shall see.  All I need on a dial is the date and not the rest of the complications.  Perfect. 

Raining here, at least its not snow.  A few days ago we received over an 1” and it gave a preview of what’s to come. 

Anyone else tempted?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed the ST S Coifman 33mm $209.95 watch has a code that can be applied EVINE20 to bring that price down now from the sale price of 179.99 to now the lowest $143.99.  + ship’g $9.99.  What a deal.  When it comes right down to it, now I would rather add around $12 to it and buy the Citizen watch shown above.  I inquired about the crystal, for it doesn’t state what.  I asked if it were mineral or sapphire and they didn’t know.  Would have to contact the vendor.  I notice the other Eco’s don’t state anything about a crystal either.  It would be too good to be true if they were sapphire.  

Anyway the sale on the Citizen, 15% off is good through the 21st.

Aub.  I noticed your white Eco watch looks so much like my Seiko Kinetic in white.  Good looking watch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies.  Now you have tempted me.  I'm going to check out those watches.  Sales and coupons lure me  sometimes.  Smiley Happy

I really like that Citizen Eco drive.  Looks very much like the Renato automatic Beauty I have,  SS,  blue dial, sub second and date.  Too much temptation when I have a watch that looks so similar.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LJ, which Renato automatic is that? I have a YT blue dial but not the SS.  I’ll have to look again.  I like the dark blue sunburst look of that Eco Drive and it being a Citizen brand.  It would be my first.  

Ok, I find this Renato but its not an automatic.  I do recall I have a Beauty with dark blue satin dial, diamonds around the dial but I can’t find it.  It must be in the bag to go to the jeweler.  

Well I give up.  I tried to load a pic of this sunburst looking Renato with dark blue leather strap but it won’t load.  I wonder what is the problem.

Maybe later.......finally.

C2B735C7-E774-40E0-A5C9-32D78CC7FB50.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@jenagalI checked Citizen's site & the Corso model has a mineral crystal on it.  One of my Citizen Eco's has a sapphire crystal & it says 'sapphire' on the caseback, but I think I paid a little more for it than I did for the Corso SS white mop that I already have & the blue mop dial I just ordered from Macy's.  I really like the Citizens that I have & the cases are slim & don't sit too tall off of the wrist, which i like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenagal wrote:

LJ, which Renato automatic is that? I have a YT blue dial but not the SS.  I’ll have to look again.  I like the dark blue sunburst look of that Eco Drive and it being a Citizen brand.  It would be my first.  

Ok, I find this Renato but its not an automatic.  I do recall I have a Beauty with dark blue satin dial, diamonds around the dial but I can’t find it.  It must be in the bag to go to the jeweler.  

Well I give up.  I tried to load a pic of this sunburst looking Renato with dark blue leather strap but it won’t load.  I wonder what is the problem.

Maybe later.......finally.

C2B735C7-E774-40E0-A5C9-32D78CC7FB50.jpeg

Jena, is that the Renato Wildebeest with the lizard strap?  I came in at the tail end of the Renatos, but I did get in on the RT/brown & ST/blue & they look like this watch, but they're not automatics. 

Respected Contributor

Jena (& anyone else) if you decide to buy that Citizen EcoDrive watch from Macy's site, make sure you do it thru Mr. Rebates.  I'll be getting $8.29 back in my Mr. Rebates account for buying it with the 5% back rebate.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Aub, you are 100% correct.  That is a Wildebeast, says so right on the dial.  The back side says ‘lizard’ and I’m glad it did, for I forgot.  With its diamond subdial showing the seconds and the diamond ‘12’.  One of my fantastic Renato’s.  I see I have a another with a black lizard and black sunburst dial Renato also.  It’s best to look ones inventory over (like LJ does) it saves $$ in the long run.  I may be able to forfeit the ECO because of this find.  Thanks also for the reminder of Mr Rebates.  Throughly forgot about that.  Every bit makes a difference.  That would bring the cost down to $157.  I have till tomorrow nite to make up my mind for the 15% goes away then at Macys.

Gee my Wildebeast will get some wear time now.  Thx Aub.

Trusted Contributor

Hey how about a cool ‘blue’ Judith Ripka watch?

ADD7C39B-E51E-42A4-8F8A-CBE363EF3ACD.jpeg

I briefly looked through the Q’s inventory and didn’t see it, but it could be there.  Love it too.

83883473-B2F3-4DC5-A8C2-DBE4C4BDD09D.jpegA larger shot of the Renato in discussion.   Question is, why do I need this ECO other than I like it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I figure with the Citizen Ecos, once I buy it, there's no ongoing upkeep of taking it in for battery replacements.  I just leave them where they get daylight & they stay running & I don't have to worry about "dead soldiers" when I want to grab a watch to wear.