Esteemed Contributor

JAI paws jewelry- question for pet lovers

[ Edited ]

I love the paws items from JAI, but I have always wondered  if the paw print is really meant to be a dog paw, not a cat paw? I have 5 cats and I’d love some cat jewelry (yes, I’m proud to be a crazy cat woman!). I know some might think this is a dumb question, but my cats’ paws don’t really look like the one in his jewelry. Any opinions out there?

Honored Contributor

Re: JAI paws jewelry- question for pet lovers

@Goldengate8361  I know what you mean.  There is such a fascination with dogs and cats come second.  Cats are such clean, affectionate, playful pets and I wish they would receive more credit.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have the paw ring and have 2 Jack Russells,I haven't really looked at a cats paw recently but I think they said on air that it can be for either Love mine!

Honored Contributor

I'd think of it as being symbolic for pets, any pet with paws.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

i m pet lover and i love it.

Respected Contributor

I am a huge animal lover and I did purchase the charm albeit overpriced and tiny. But for me JAI needs to get off the animal tangent altogether and start focusing on classics.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not a dumb question, @Goldengate8361.😊   @esmerelda recently posted a thread in the "Suggestion Box" sub-forum about the jewelry from The Hand & Paw project on a related topic

(go here to read @esmerelda's thread:  

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/Hand-amp-Paw-project/m-p/4973663/highlight/true#M48902)

There is a difference between the two paw prints, and I think many of us instinctively "feel" the difference when we see them.   

I'm guessing some of the jewelry makers simply are trying for a more generic design which is a compromise and sort of a blending of the two,  so they can avoid making 2 products. 

I love both cats and dogs but I'm much more a "cat person" and I gravitate toward the paw prints that are feline paws.

~~~~~~~~~~

Description and illustration of differences:

paws.png

Here's the JAI Sterling Silver Paw Print Enhancer (J357765):

Image result for AI Sterling Silver Paw Print Enhancer

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:
I am a huge animal lover and I did purchase the charm albeit overpriced and tiny. But for me JAI needs to get off the animal tangent altogether and start focusing on classics.

I agree!!  I love animals but I prefer the classics with an "animal twist."  I really don't care for the figurals, and I'd hate to see the line become kitschy.  I want it to stay sophisticated like the real John Hardy.