Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

aprimo: I got the red SS commemorative edition. I'd probably get a GT if it was the same price. Too bad it comes in an 8 slot box.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/7/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

aprimo: I got the red SS commemorative edition. I'd probably get a GT if it was the same price. Too bad it comes in an 8 slot box.

I got the red too. I agree, I have no use for those boxes--I'd just as soon have the price discount. If the GT is the same price, I'm going to have a hard time resisting.

Respected Contributor

Pix haven't been posted as yet.

628-820

Trusted Contributor

Java, that item number reads like the red commerative edition we got. Maybe same watch, different #?
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

On 12/7/2014 jenagal said: Java, that item number reads like the red commerative edition we got. Maybe same watch, different #?

From what I saw on the Invicta site, it's the same watch, but in goldtone instead of SS.

Respected Contributor

On 12/7/2014 jenagal said: Java, that item number reads like the red commerative edition we got. Maybe same watch, different #?

I bet they created them to be sold together, but didn't have enough of them done. They have done that before. That would probably explain that it was the same item number. Neither shop or IWG catalog pictures do the watches justice. You're always better off seeing them presented.

Respected Contributor

Just when I thought I couldn't be tempted to buy another watch I really like the red and the green dials.

Trusted Contributor

FYI, there is a one-day only 15% off coupon at Shop today (FROSTY15). And the Invicta Speedway with the Stingray strap (628-671) is still at the holiday price of $149. Just saying....

Trusted Contributor

No one buying watches, huh? I'm looking Ripka over again with that TSV coming up. Do I really need a Diamonique Tennis Bracelet, 118 facet at that? $249. Hmmmm. #J296663. Ok, I have my usual rant. It really is upsetting to pay the same price for either the large 8" and the small 6.75". The extra silver and the carats of 9.35 cts for the 8" and 8.20 ct for,the 6.75 small. If this was a cheapo, I,wouldn't bring up the subject. It stops me from buying so many times. Each size should have it's own price. Does this bother anyone else?
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 jenagal said: No one buying watches, huh? I'm looking Ripka over again with that TSV coming up. Do I really need a Diamonique Tennis Bracelet, 118 facet at that? $249. Hmmmm. #J296663. Ok, I have my usual rant. It really is upsetting to pay the same price for either the large 8" and the small 6.75". The extra silver and the carats of 9.35 cts for the 8" and 8.20 ct for,the 6.75 small. If this was a cheapo, I,wouldn't bring up the subject. It stops me from buying so many times. Each size should have it's own price. Does this bother anyone else?

Speaking as a person who wears an 8+ inch bracelet, size 8-9 ring and can't really wear a necklace shorter than 24", that's a bit of a touchy subject. I like that QVC does a pretty good job of treating us all the same, from size XXS to 3X. It makes me enjoy shopping here a lot more than other places because I feel included... welcomed, even. I like that they don't have separate prices for XXS, L and 3X. Where do they draw the line? Plus, I'm sure it would make it harder for the hosts to present the items in a way that appeals to everyone, while also having to explain that they are charging big people more than little people for everything.

I understand that jewelry is a more extreme case in these days when precious metals are so expensive. But I'm betting that the extra Diamonique stones don't actually cost that much.