Honored Contributor

Jay King Bangle TSV on HSN at Midnight

Sterling hinged bangle in turquoise, rainbow calsilica or colors of opal. It'll be $129+change. Not a bad deal if you're not picky about your gemstones. Since bangles take a beating, it may be just as well that these are composites. Item 386-350.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Jay King Bangle TSV on HSN at Midnight

I'm not in the market for bangles. But he had some unusual pieces the last two days. The only thing I've bought from him are some gorgeous malachite earrings.

Trusted Contributor

Be careful... the turquoise description says ""compressed."" I don't think I've yet heard Jay mention that in the presentation.

Honored Contributor

I had to sit on my hands during his shows to avoid the ""quick buy"" button..........(I've gotten some very nice pieces from him)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

On 12/27/2014 lavendar said:

I'm not in the market for bangles. But he had some unusual pieces the last two days. The only thing I've bought from him are some gorgeous malachite earrings.

Ooo.. love malachite. Can you post a pic?

Regular Contributor

Good Morning all!!

Well this morning, I bought my first pieces from Jay.. I bought that TS, in all the color, (Not the opal one) and I also bought the tigers eye bracelet..

I am sure when I receive them, I will like them hopefully better than they are on TV..

If anyone purchases anything, enjoy yours!

Honored Contributor

I bought a rainbow piece from him in the past...it looked like mud in person.

Studio lighting can make garbage look great.

Not applicable

I love Jay King and have many of his pieces, but this TSV just didn't thrill me. The bangles were just sort of meh to me. Which is fine -- saved me some money! Although I did get his purple turquoise and amethyst pendant necklace. That one hearkens back to the classic Jay necklaces of the heavy silver-mounted pendant on a substantial gemstone bead necklace. He's moved into daintier, lighter pieces lately and a lot of things where the only silver is on the chain and hook.
Honored Contributor

Jay's shows are interesting since he discusses the origin & regions that are the source of the gemstones. And he has a great rapport with hosts & customers. I still laugh when he discuss the "source" of the calsilica. ..how no one including he is allowed at the secret mexican mine, a bit squirrelly, lol. But it seems he has altered his spiel about it being mined, as we suspect it is man made. I like some of his chunky gemstone jewelry-the tigers eye, garnet, smoky quartz, variscite, leopard agate, and bumblebee. The TS was not appealing to me, but looks like a great price point. Do like the new circle pendants with enhancer bale so you can attach to beaded necklaces as well as chains or collar necklace . For those who purchased-enjoy!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

Be careful... the turquoise description says "compressed." I don't think I've yet heard Jay mention that in the presentation.

That is a red flag for me with Jay and some of his turquoise pieces. They only talk about using compressed materials for the bowls or pens, but never about the jewelry. Very deceptive & misleading. I always look at online details for the materials before purchasing anything from Jay-have cancelled many. And the mysterious source of calsilica. ..it's deceptive on his part as well as HSN. Not cool.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri