Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

On 4/8/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

aprimo: I thought red was stunning. It looked like a deep burgundy on my monitor and one of the reviews also said it was a wine color. I'm glad you like the violet one enough to buy a second. That's a good recommendation.

I have plenty of other purple options, but I find myself reaching for the Excursion a lot. It's great looking, substantial but not too big or heavy, the strap is comfortable, the dial is easy to read. Just nothing not to like. It would be nice if it had a unidirectional bezel and date-month functions (instead of the chronograph features). But the lack of them doesn't bother me--they're just wish-list items.

Respected Contributor

Hope all were able to lock in that red Excursion, because that sold out. I was nosing around and found not only the Pro Divers with NATO straps, but also Lupahs with moonphase movements. Of course, they're not like the originals, but someone might like. I think, though, the functions on the Baby Lupah may be too small for most of us to "read."

No pictures or info available yet. Those look like "specials" to me. When I see more info, I will post.

Just checked those specs. Not really a baby with 20mm lugs. It's that in between size.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome southernfriedchick. Your name makes me hungry. Smiley Wink) I looked at that Excursion again and if I went for one it would be the violet. But I don't need another watch.....waaaaaa. When is enuf enuf...Smiley Wink) Well if I watch it live or in the video I might soften. When is the next watch show anyway? I haven't been paying attention. TIA
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 JavaQueen said:

Hope all were able to lock in that red Excursion, because that sold out. I was nosing around and found not only the Pro Divers with NATO straps, but also Lupahs with moonphase movements. Of course, they're not like the originals, but someone might like. I think, though, the functions on the Baby Lupah may be too small for most of us to "read."

No pictures or info available yet. Those look like "specials" to me. When I see more info, I will post.

Just checked those specs. Not really a baby with 20mm lugs. It's that in between size.

Oooh, Java, that sounds right up my alley! Do let us know when you find more info. Thanks! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

In the old days, they has what was called a Lady Lupah, and it had a 20mm strap. The case was a little wider and a little longer than the Baby Lupah. It was a nice size. This was long before they started calling all the ladies lupahs the Baby, regardless of whether it was the traditional Baby Lupah with a 16mm strap or the slightly larger squarer shaped one with the 18mm strap. It will be interesting to see the new ladies lupah.

Respected Contributor

I tried to post info from catalog, but system wouldn't let me here. It looks nice. I wouldn't mind one.

Anyway for those seeking a Swiss Auto'

Check out

Invicta 40mm Pro Diver Swiss Made Automatic Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch - 630-657

Respected Contributor

Java: love the automatic. Wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.... at the right price. I need to dust off my 34mm auto with the Selita 200 movement. You have one of those also, if I remember correctly.

Respected Contributor

I have two. One of which is in storage and I wear that one frequently. There's no dusting off of that one. Back in the day, you could get SW200 watches for very good prices. That's not the case now. I was able to sell a used one for $150. So I don't know what a "good" price is anymore.

I must have paid about $300 for my 34mm. (not the meteorite dial version.) That was 5 years ago.

I doubt that you will see them dip below $200--perhaps on the Sunday Run and that will be hard if you don't keep up with it. I don't, because most of the offerings are humungous men's watches. SW200 movements are hard to come by.

Respected Contributor

Java: I've only bought 2 watches on the Sunday Run... both the 34mm prodivers with the SW200. You posted that day (thank you) and I went to check them out. I think they were $100 each. (I don't remember if the watches were Swiss made also. I'll have to check. So you can see that I'm very spoiled when it comes to the price. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Of course, I know that they are a lot more expensive now. Just consider what we are paying for Swiss quartz movements! Anyway it will be interesting to see where the price ends up.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 jenagal said: Welcome southernfriedchick. Your name makes me hungry. Smiley Wink) I looked at that Excursion again and if I went for one it would be the violet. But I don't need another watch.....waaaaaa. When is enuf enuf...Smiley Wink) Well if I watch it live or in the video I might soften. When is the next watch show anyway? I haven't been paying attention. TIA

jenagal, a lot of people tell me that about my name LOL. Thank you for the welcome