Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

LJ, didn't you want the Invicta Scuba with the blue bezel? It's on Evine right now for $81. Just in case you're still interested. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

Java: I've only bought 2 watches on the Sunday Run... both the 34mm prodivers with the SW200. You posted that day (thank you) and I went to check them out. I think they were $100 each. (I don't remember if the watches were Swiss made also. I'll have to check. So you can see that I'm very spoiled when it comes to the price. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Of course, I know that they are a lot more expensive now. Just consider what we are paying for Swiss quartz movements! Anyway it will be interesting to see where the price ends up.

I remembered those. Invicta just chose to close them out. But I think that must have been five years ago? Because of the increase in price of the SW200, I was also able to sell one for $150. And it was used. I also sold off my SANIV auto for a very good price and it also was used. Everyone was spoiled by those prices. Totally unrealistic by today's standards.

As promised, I am passing along the info on the Lady Lupah and Grand Lupah moonphase. No price adjustments have been made yet. I think it hilarious that someone had noted that it was rather large for a Baby. They actually changed the title of the listing (Twilight Zone music.) Not a bad little set, if you want either goldtone or gunmetal.

http://www.evine.com/Invicta_Lady_or_Grand_Lupah_Quartz_Moon_Phase_Watch_w_Five_Piece_Leather_Strap...

Trusted Contributor

Thx Java for the link. Nice watch but after a few Lupahs, I'm loving the GD better. I bought the 628-820 in Dec. Grn / YT and its $139.46 now. I just love the YT and the green really stands out beautiful. Just saying, I see the same combo offered now in a different style but this one still is No.1 with me.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the link Java. The description says the women's size is 29mm. That would be the regular baby size. However, the lugs are 20mm rather than 16mm? I wonder if those measurements are correct?

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 aprimo said:

Thanks for the link Java. The description says the women's size is 29mm. That would be the regular baby size. However, the lugs are 20mm rather than 16mm? I wonder if those measurements are correct?

You're welcome. No. Those are the measurements for the Baby Lupah. Remember that they posted it as a Baby Lupah and were probably too lazy to follow through. The Lady Lupah should be about the same size as the LLs that were on bracelets?

They were too quick to change just the title. You could also go to Invicta's web site and check the measurements. The catalogs are now digital. I tried to post info from it, but I was stopped by the system.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 aprimo said:

LJ, didn't you want the Invicta Scuba with the blue bezel? It's on Evine right now for $81. Just in case you're still interested. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Aprimo: good memory. I bought it a while ago when it was on some kind of special... I think I paid less than $81. But thanks for thinking of me.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/9/2015 JavaQueen said:
On 4/9/2015 aprimo said:

You're welcome. No. Those are the measurements for the Baby Lupah. Remember that they posted it as a Baby Lupah and were probably too lazy to follow through. The Lady Lupah should be about the same size as the LLs that were on bracelets?

They were too quick to change just the title. You could also go to Invicta's web site and check the measurements. The catalogs are now digital. I tried to post info from it, but I was stopped by the system.

Duh. I should've figured that out. I looked it up and the case width is actually 37mm. That's more like it!

Respected Contributor

Java: that's why they call them the 'good old days'.

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Watch Lovers. I spent many hours last night with the watch shows as background while I was trying to get to sleep. Anyway since I heard most but didn't see much I wasn't drawn in to buy. If my collection were not so big, I'd try some of the newest but I am in the NBZ. That 628-820 still bothers me, I want the red dial now. I have the green and love love love it. But its not swiss made, it's Japanese....mineral crystal in an Invicta? Come on. So it's not the best watch but I love the looks. I don't need it and I'm not going to succumb....lol. I hate it when I fight with myself. LJ, you fighting with yourself about any? I bet you are.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Good morning! Jena I didn't see anything on the invicta shows I want but thisorning I spotted a new ripka watch I like...looks like the regent with no diamonique which I love. I started a thread in the ripka forum asking if anyone has received it yet. I want to be in the nbz but I may cave on this one even though I know it isn't likely to be high quality. I just like the look.