Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

Southern Fried Chick: welcome to the watch collectors thread. I love your nickname. Smile The Eco Drive is a nice watch, that comes in many styles. Normal wear will probably keep it going. If it's in a drawer or box for an extended period (I can't define that) it will need to be recharged. I put my brothers on the window sill in the sun for 2 days, then set it and it's fine for a long time. My brother rarely wears a watch, that's why his needs extra attention every once in a while. You may be able to find an instruction booklet online. Enjoy your watch.

Super Contributor

Thank you Lavandarjunkie, for the warm welcome. I have been a lurker for several years, and decided to post.

This is a great forum.

I will check online for the instruction book.

Thank you

Respected Contributor

Lavenderjunkie, This is my second Eco-Drive. They do keep great time if you keep them powered up.

I didn't buy it from a jeweler so I got a great price on it. The stainless looks very similar to my 3 band eternity ring I wear in white gold, that's why I selected this one.

Honored Contributor

Welcome esmeralda & southernfried! I've been ogling the mother of pearl dials but have yet to get one for my collection :-(. I also like the look of the carbon fiber as far as the dials go. Speaking of materials is anyone else bothered by the sting ray straps? They are just such magnificent creatures and the idea of putting them on my wrist really bothers me! What are they doing with the rest of the animal? Rant over. Thanks for indulging me.
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all

I think they have a new price on the women's Excursion on leather strap. $169. I think that's pretty good, don't you think?

http://www.evine.com/invicta-reserve-women-s-excursion-swiss-made-quartz-chronograph-leather-strap-...

Good question, andreatoo. Just hadn't thought about it. Invicta has been doing it for years and years. Stingray used to be reserved for the $$$ pieces. More than likely, they buy it in lots. Lots of lots {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. That's why we will see it on so many models now.

Respected Contributor

Java: I just saw that Excersion. Nice watch, very nice buy.

Also, the Venom 42mm on the 'snakelike' strap is available with SS bezel in a number of colors, on sale for less than $10 more than the GT and RT versions were when they were OO a few weeks ago. 628514, Swiss Made Reserve $248. Another tempting buy.

Andrea: exotic materials have been used in fashion for many years. While some creatures are more lovely than others, scarce materials are coveted by man. Generally, all the parts are used for food, fashion, or other. Today, nothing goes to waste. Of course that doesn't address the basic issue of how society views these things. Everyone needs to decide their own comfort level.

More watch shows today... mid day, lots of ladies watches, tonight, mens.

Super Contributor

On 4/7/2015 Andreatoo said: Welcome esmeralda & southernfried! I've been ogling the mother of pearl dials but have yet to get one for my collection :-(. I also like the look of the carbon fiber as far as the dials go. Speaking of materials is anyone else bothered by the sting ray straps? They are just such magnificent creatures and the idea of putting them on my wrist really bothers me! What are they doing with the rest of the animal? Rant over. Thanks for indulging me.

Thank you Andreatoo, for the welcome!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 JavaQueen said:

Good morning, all

I think they have a new price on the women's Excursion on leather strap. $169. I think that's pretty good, don't you think?

http://www.evine.com/invicta-reserve-women-s-excursion-swiss-made-quartz-chronograph-leather-strap-...

Good question, andreatoo. Just hadn't thought about it. Invicta has been doing it for years and years. Stingray used to be reserved for the $$$ pieces. More than likely, they buy it in lots. Lots of lots {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. That's why we will see it on so many models now.

Thanks Java, that's a great deal on that watch! I have it in the violet (wearing it today) and I think I paid about $250 for it. Now I'm tempted to get the red. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Re: The Excursion.

Please note that it has a fixed bezel. That was the original design of the watch. When it was introduced, it was considered a dress watch and thus no need for a unidirectional bezel. This is not a reflection of Invicta's cost-cutting measures. The unidrectional bezel was later added on some models. I thought I would point that out. It might bother some, so it's a chance to save money on shipping costs if you don't like.

Respected Contributor

aprimo: I thought red was stunning. It looked like a deep burgundy on my monitor and one of the reviews also said it was a wine color. I'm glad you like the violet one enough to buy a second. That's a good recommendation.