Super Contributor

Re: Unbelieveable Review????

Ladies, Ladies!!!

I didn't mean to start a riot! In no way do I feel that the "reviewer statement" is less than mine. I never said that her opinion was less than mine. I understand that people have their own opinions.

What I couldn't understand...when we shop,there is something that we initially see and like about the item that we are going to purchase. This reviewer saw something that she liked about this ring. Obviously she was less than satisfied with her purchase than I was, but I don't understand why she would say it is "cheap looking."

All I'm saying is when I review I look for the good and the bad. If I am going to say something negative, I will also try to word something positive about the product to be fair. I just don't see (in my eyes), how this ring, (that the reviewer was attracted to initially) could be rated a 1 star?

It is my opinion that it is "unbelievable." Because I own this ring and love it! I have a deeply saturated amethyst...that I love. The details of the ring are beautiful.

I feel by seeing the products that the reviewer does like...that she has a different taste in jewelry than I do. That may be the reasoning for her 1-star review????

I just would like anyone who is interested in this ring...to give it a chance and try it out. Don't let the 1 star review scare you away from buying this beautiful ring. That's all.

I apologize for not explaining myself better. However, I will not apologize for believing that the review is unbelievable in my eyes.

Valued Contributor

I think it's the reviewer to whom you owe an apology.

Holding her up for public ridicule like this because she has a different opinion is inexcusable.

Honored Contributor

I have read a lot of reviews. Some are helpful, some are rants. Once I feel someone is going a bit overboard then I don't trust that review and chalk that one up to disappointment that led to anger, that led to bashing a whole line. After that it just doesn't carry any weight...so why even review when your in such a state.

Contributor

I find this post ""unbelievable"". ""In her eyes"" it was cheap looking. Accept it.

Honored Contributor

Just looked at the ring. It is a little large for my hands and a tiny bit gaudy. But that is my OPINION.

Super Contributor

Some of my favorite QVC jewelry items have reviews saying things like, "Looks like dollar store trash. Couldn't send it back fast enough". There are also items that I think are beyond ugly, with rave reviews. We aren't all the same. If you disagree with a review, then post your own (as OP did).

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 violann said:
On 4/15/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I think the amethyst in this ring is very cheap looking.

What do you MEAN when you say "cheap looking" (LOL)

It just looks like a cheaper quality amethyst. The color isn't very good. I can't say I have seen any decent looking gemstones on the Q for a long time. If I wanted a good gemstone ring I would purchase either at a good local jewelry store or I have found some just stunning quality gemstones at Gem Shopping Network. I have purchased morganite, emeralds and sapphire rings and necklaces from GSN and the quality of these really blew me away. Most that I purchased were estate pieces. I think HSN, QVC and ShopNBC don't have good quality gemstones at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Pagan said:

Holding her up for public ridicule like this because she has a different opinion is inexcusable.

I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 muttmom said:
On 4/16/2014 Pagan said:

I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

Irshgirl I always read what you write on any topic, because you express yourself well. Your second post here was full of meaningful comments. Thank you!