Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unbelieveable Review????

She must have gotten a pale amethyst stone. That's the chance you take buying gemstones sight unseen.

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I think the amethyst in this ring is very cheap looking.

What do you MEAN when you say ""cheap looking"" (LOL)
Super Contributor

Such silliness!

The poster just wanted to send a message to others not to be turned off to the ring because of that review. Sometimes people put up reviews that don't necessarily reflect the item - or it is possible that she received a bad stone or defective piece. Either way, all Me2Me was saying is if you like the ring, give it a shot. Mine is a winner.

I am sure there are those of you out there who have risked buying a 1-star reviewed item and were very happily surprised by how nice it was when you got it.

Super Contributor

It's HER opinion. Why are you taking it so personally?

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 BGDC said:

Such silliness!

The poster just wanted to send a message to others not to be turned off to the ring because of that review. Sometimes people put up reviews that don't necessarily reflect the item - or it is possible that she received a bad stone or defective piece. Either way, all Me2Me was saying is if you like the ring, give it a shot. Mine is a winner.

I am sure there are those of you out there who have risked buying a 1-star reviewed item and were very happily surprised by how nice it was when you got it.

She said it's an "unbelievable review" meaning she is shocked at how anyone could give it a 1-star review when she thinks it's 5-star worthy.

Super Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up, Bikkie. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 violann said: The negative review does not contain one single specific objective reason why a potential buyer shouldn't buy the ring. Speaking of something as "looking cheap" MEANS NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If the reviewer had taken the time to actually describe what she disliked, her "opinion" would have been worth a potential buyer's time. As to being "not unbelievable" there is nothing in the review to believe or not believe.

I does mean something to me. It means it looks like dime store quality, in which I would stay away.

There are many reviews that are polar opposites and part of it is the quality and inconsistent sizing nowadays.

I take reviews with a 'grain of salt'.

Valued Contributor

On 4/16/2014 bethdani said:

I did not care for this ring. But, I do not care for the line. When any jewelry line starts shoving Diamonique into the mix one knows it will get worse. JR's stuff all looks alike and I doubt I would care for it in 18k gold.

ITA. I find the designs to be too heavy and costume-y in appearance. I also don't care for David Yurman's designs. Very similar.
Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 BGDC said:

Such silliness!

Thank you BGDC!

My real reasoning for the thread was not to be deterred by the review. I am glad you understand. Along with a few of the other posters.

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Me2Me said:

Thank you BGDC!

My real reasoning for the thread was not to be deterred by the review. I am glad you understand. Along with a few of the other posters.

I think we all understand. Jeez.