Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 @Wonderful collection that you have, and how lucky you are to have some from your parents!

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me    Indeed!  I have a lot of good stuff from parents.  Navajo rugs, Indian pottery, Southwestern art, lots of miscellaneous.  Thankfully my sister doesn't care for any of it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123    Why don't you post some pictures of your jewelry?   I bought my Lander Blue stone from an old dealer in Gallup. 

@Kachina624 

My sister has the large turquoise rings, my dad gave me this little one when I was 8 - 10 yrs old and wore it constantly into adulthood.  We also had Navajo rugs, peace pipes, stone carved arrowheads mounted, all from the 1930's or prior.  The other pics are modern, they are all Navajo, Orville Tsinnie, Nelson Morton, Clem Nalwood except for the Hopi necklace.  The turquoise panel necklace is mid-century Frank Patania Thunderbird Shop, anglo but well respected out of Santa Fe.  Thank you again for the Lander Blue education, absolutely stunning and will keep an eye out for it.

boa.jpgboa1.jpgboa2.jpgboa3.jpg 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624   I love your rings and know you must have necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more. You live in the perfect area to collect gorgeous pieces. I've noticed during Jewelry day shows, turquoise no longer gets its own time slots. It's really difficult to find beautiful pieces...and in quantity.

I love my pieces in rings and my bangles so I can admire them. There's nothing like turquoise to pop a pair of jeans and a white tee or blouse!

@Shanus 

I so agree!  Turquoise with jeans / white tee or blouse, wowie so gorgeous.  Bracelets and rings are my favorites too,  And lots of them lol. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    Thanks for posting your pieces.  You have an interesting collection, most are rather non-traditional.  I actually prefer the contemporary designs and especially like your necklaces.  Is that a stone on the cuff or polished silver?  Can't tell. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 :  I love your pieces; I collect Nelson Morton, Bennie Ration, Watson Honanie, Alex Sanchez.  My most recent big purchase was a custom Masked Maiden by Alex.but

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@rockygems123 :  I live in White Mtns of AZ and travel through Gallup 3-4 times a year to visit my Son in Rio Rancho.  Sometimes we stop in Gallup to look at jewelry so I'm curious about where your Dad worked; do you know?

@patbz 

Good question as to where he worked.  It was in the 1930's, I'll have to ask my sister if she knows.  I'd love to find out and will let you know if I do!  

How is life in the White Mtns of AZ?  Is that near Pinetop?  There was a log cabin show that highlighted Pinetop and it looked wonderful.  

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@rockygems123 :  I love your pieces; I collect Nelson Morton, Bennie Ration, Watson Honanie, Alex Sanchez.  My most recent big purchase was a custom Masked Maiden by Alex.but

@patbz 

Thank you and I love all your artisans too.  Can you share pic of your masked maiden?  This is so much fun, thank you @Kachina624 .  

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 :  if your Dad worked at a trading post in Gallup in the 1930s, I wonder if it was Richardson's.  They are a real trading post and pre date that period. About 5 years ago we were in there ( not for first time) and the owner was sitting on a stool, watching his business; he was 100 ( read he has since passed).  Their rug room ( and everything else) is amazing; we met a customer and her decorator, who had been in there for several days!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123    Thanks for posting your pieces.  You have an interesting collection, most are rather non-traditional.  I actually prefer the contemporary designs and especially like your necklaces.  Is that a stone on the cuff or polished silver?  Can't tell. 

@Kachina624 

Here's a close-upboa4.jpg