Honored Contributor

Never liked Native American jewelry.  It's original intention was for men, don'r like it on women. I don't like also that it's cabochon.  I really hate cabochon gems.  I always prefer it cut. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 :  I live in Show Low.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Never liked Native American jewelry.  It's original intention was for men, don'r like it on women. I don't like also that it's cabochon.  I really hate cabochon gems.  I always prefer it cut. 

I was never crazy about it either, but, once I moved to Tx. kind of grew on me. I like Sleeping beauty turquoise, though, don't like all that matrix I like perfection. LOL

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird    You're obviously in the wrong thread.  I hate shinny silver like UltaFine but didn't go to your threads complaining about it. Very rude. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I was never crazy about it either, but, once I moved to Tx. kind of grew on me. I like Sleeping beauty turquoise, though, don't like all that matrix I like perfection. LOL

1. @SharkE    Fine quality turquoise is judged on the amount and distribution of the matrix.  Sleeping Beauty is a pretty color but turquoise fanciers consider it junk.  It's chalk held together by polymers and is not perfection. 
Honored Contributor

It's not "junk" I'll promise you . 

Super Contributor

IMG_3416.JPG

Super Contributor

I love turquoise, one of the more inspirational gems for me. I forgot one more ring. It is hard to photograph earrings.

I have few AW rings, generation gem, Lori Bonn, Nevada dealer, two from Arizona, one of them is very dark teal color, one I bought at gemfair, from seller of tibetan jewelry, one is special order from etsy (her father was doing Native American jewelry as far as I understand), one from Native American vendor website.

Honored Contributor

Very nice collection @alice87.  I especially like the stone in the top ring on your little finger.  Any idea what it's source is? I think all of my rings are Indian-made and most were old when I bought them. I do have 3 I bought 3  or 4 years ago when I decided I needed to update my collection.  They are all Indian-made.

20210313_110841.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-232847_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-232630_Chrome.jpg

Super Contributor

Thank you Kachina Smiley Happy

I will need to think about it for a little bit. There is a vendor from Nevada, she comes to Gem fair in Puyllup WA, and she has huge selection.

Your rings are very nice.