Contributor

I agree. Turquoise is the most boring stone. You have to put some sparkle around it.

Respected Contributor

I love turquoise, I've been collecting turquoise jewelry for 20 something years. I prefer turq with the matrix and I like unique pieces in heavy sterling silver. I don't care for Sleeping Beautiy and I really, really don't like little "dots" of turquoise in bland settings.

Honored Contributor

I love turquoise!!! But I only wear gold. I have a gorgeous Michael V. 14k turquoise ring from Shop. I bought a very nice cross from Q many years ago that has a lot of gold and perfect turquoise. I have a pair of gold earrings but have been watching for a new pair for a 2-3 years and just haven't found what I want. I did order a small 14k turquoise pendant at midnight but am not sure it's what I'm really after. We'll see when it arrives.

I'm not fond of all the silver and a lot of the styles today but I know that's the way things go now.

Honored Contributor

I agree with most of you the SB does look plastic and some matrix adds interest

Honored Contributor

I agree. Too much turquoise and too much Sleeping Beauty turquoise... No matter what they're selling, it seems they just lack variety.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Turquoise is a very flattering color on most people. I think it is very eye catching, especially on a necklace but on every piece. I have that Ecclissi watch in sterling, it is gorgeous!

Trusted Contributor

I think that QVC has been trying to whip people into a frenzy by saying that the mines have closed. They have been saying that it is very valuable, desirable and rare because of this. In reality, it seems like there is a lot of it left since jewelry makers hoarded it before the mines closed. Now they have a LOT to unload and so they have been pushing it all day.

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 turtle52 said:

I think that QVC has been trying to whip people into a frenzy by saying that the mines have closed. They have been saying that it is very valuable, desirable and rare because of this. In reality, it seems like there is a lot of it left since jewelry makers hoarded it before the mines closed. Now they have a LOT to unload and so they have been pushing it all day.

HSN does the same thing.. ' THE MINES HAVE CLOSED!!' LOL

Honored Contributor

Yes the mine IS closed and now, gasp, the bucket is empty... Does this mean we finally get a break from all the Sleeping Beauty? Somehow I don't think so...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care if they show jewelry made from dog doo, it is still better than the boring shows from the holidays.