Respected Contributor

Too much for my taste, and I don't care for the uninspired and bland designs.

Like many of you, I used to so enjoy GEM DAY. Not today's shows. Too bad!

Super Contributor

I can never get enough turquoise. Smiley Very Happy I like a little mo pizzaz in the designs than they're showing today though.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I agree from the tsv and on down the line. Turq isn't even popular like it used to be IMO.

Can't afford hardly anything else in any of the other shows either - hundreds of dollars to THOUSANDS of dollars - highway robbery. These all day jewelry/gem days aren't worth my time of even watching. Used to be, I could and did scoop up a lot of pieces in years gone by but it's too expensive to window shop even.

Honored Contributor

Does everything have to be sleeping beauty turquoise? Does the other turquoise (with matrix) have no place in jewelry lines these days? Much as I like turquoise, I'm quite weary of sleeping beauty turquoise at this point…..it's all over the place! Another Druzy? Black Spinel?

Esteemed Contributor

There is no such thing as a bad Gem Day, anything is a relief from the poop they have been showing and selling lately.

Respected Contributor

They're trying to unload all that Sleeping Beauty stuff they bought & are claiming to be in short supply. HSN is doing it, too.

Valued Contributor

I ADORE turquoise and wear it year round. However, although the Sleeping Beauty is beautiful, sometimes it looks like plastic to me when there is absolutely no matrix. Having picked up several amazing turquoise pieces in Mexico, I have grown to appreciate the interest that matrix adds.

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Lanikins said:

I ADORE turquoise and wear it year round. However, although the Sleeping Beauty is beautiful, sometimes it looks like plastic to me when there is absolutely no matrix. Having picked up several amazing turquoise pieces in Mexico, I have grown to appreciate the interest that matrix adds.

I thought I was the only person who thinks the turq without matrix looks like plastic. I, too, much prefer the more rugged, nugget-y look of the turq with matrix!

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 1/8/2015 Lanikins said:

I thought I was the only person who thinks the turq without matrix looks like plastic. I, too, much prefer the more rugged, nugget-y look of the turq with matrix!

Agree with you both! I do like turquoise especially w the matrix, and I have several pieces. But not liking what's offered today!

Trusted Contributor
I prefer turquoise with matrix too. The SB is pretty, but as mentioned, can look fake.