Contributor

Finally have to say....Hosts wearing the long pointed fake nails.  Very distracting, they can't pick things up and certainly should not be wearing when presenting jewelry.  Eyes are drawn to the long points.  They look like drug store nails not even coverage to your cuticles.  Please please get natural nails or talk to Host that has natural looking nails.

Honored Contributor

I've been saying this for months now. I don't understand what this statement says about women who have pointed nails. It's ugly, nonsensical, extremely distracting.

How do they do housework? How can they cook, prep food to make for dinner? they can't pick up anyting, they can't feel anything with their fingers because the points are totally constantly in the way.

Natural nails you say @Buster56 -  this would mean rip off the fake points, be glad for the natural nails you have.

Honored Contributor

The worst nails for hosting jewelry shows was a former host.  The nails become the main attraction, rather than what they are supposed to be selling.

Honored Contributor

Come out and join us in the year 2023.  I understand that you don't like nail art.  I understand that you don't understand so it unsettles you but it's been with us for years and it isn't going away anytime soon.  It's not something I would do but I like looking at the nail art that other women choose.  Time marches on and I march right along with it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Come out and join us in the year 2023.  I understand that you don't like nail art.  I understand that you don't understand so it unsettles you but it's been with us for years and it isn't going away anytime soon.  It's not something I would do but I like looking at the nail art that other women choose.  Time marches on and I march right along with it.

@chrystaltree , Same here, I guess I'm not easily distracted.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Buster56   I also have the pet peeve when shopping and the checkout person has nails so long they can't pick up change..

Makes one wonder how they wipe themselves.....

Honored Contributor

I assume the hosts who choose those points appeal to others who are out of the average age of many Forum posters. I am seeing long pointed nails on many working women, but I'm not blaming those nails for what I buy or don't buy.   I don't watch jewelry or shoe shows  because I know without looking that I'm not buying any. 

None of that means I like those long pointed nails.  Rejected them 40 years ago.  My manicurist then used to love doing my acylics -  short and rounded. So natural looking I faked one bridge-playing  friend for several years. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the crazy nails either--just too long and weird colors --used to be that was not allowed. On JTV there are many hosts with awful shaped nails that emphasize their not so pretty  hands  and fingers too. 

Trusted Contributor

I guess I am not watching many jewelry shows. I haven't really been bothered by the hosts nails. However, I always love the color choices Leah uses. I think her nails are very pretty and the colors are gorgeous. I think she should come out with her own personal set of polishes "Leah's Set". I just love her nails. 

Respected Contributor

I had acrylics in the '80s for a few years but they were more natural looking.  I was at our office Christmas party and a half dozen women were comparing their fake nails - someone mentioned I was the only one with real nails.  That's how natural they looked.

I'm not a fan of the pointy nails or overdone nail art.