Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've often seen spoon jewelry, as well as other items made from flatware, at craft fairs.

@Krimpette   Yes, I’ve purchased “hotel silverware” at thrift shops/yard sales and made wind chimes by drilling holes and stringing them w/ heavy fishing line in a cascading fashion. They make a beautiful sound. I did have to move them to the other side of the house when we got Molly at 10 wks. old. It freaked her out. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Spoon Jewelry

[ Edited ]

I really liked the Silver Spoon Sterling 30" Animal necklace (J361093) here on Q. Silver Spoon also has a great online store. A beautiful jewelry line!

Image result for silverspoon necklace

Image result for silverspoon necklace

Respected Contributor

@silkyk The two images you posted were my favorite items shown.  I had to have that octopus, however, having resisted it previously.  I just love sea creatures, and that this one started out as two forks, is pretty amazing. 

Honored Contributor

My 28 year old niece just got married and no request for silver, china or crystal. I offered her the sterling silver I inherited from my MIL and well,I couldn't give it away. My niece feels it's not worth the time it takes to keep it looking nice. I like the spoon rings, but not interested in owning one.

Esteemed Contributor

Several of the pieces pictured (elephant, butterfly, owl but not octopus) are available from Amazon for about $90 (so an extra $50 "on sale"is ridiculous).  If they ever really reduce the octopus it may call my name!

Occasional Contributor

most of the spoon jewelry on amazon by same company are silver plated...

Super Contributor

I have inherited sterling from many generations and numerous relatives!  My daughter has no interest in it.  I did find a fork, from my father's high school, imagine, sterling!  My daughter did want a ring made.  It came out very nice and looks good on her index finger.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a ring and 2 bracelets made from my mother's silver.  I would most likely never use it for table service, however I wear the jewelry often and think of my mom everytime I put them on.  It would make my mom happy.  I know that it makes me happy. Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!