Honored Contributor

Re: So...they would rather you return an item instead of a price adjustment???

I know my sentiment is different, but I think OP sounds like a spoiled child who spent her allowance and now wants her money back so she can buy cake somewhere else.

Shame on her for spending so much holiday money when she didn't really want what she was buying.

Respected Contributor

This story is odd. Do you expect all companys you deal with to do this? New appliances, cars, food, houses?
Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 millieshops said:

I know my sentiment is different, but I think OP sounds like a spoiled child who spent her allowance and now wants her money back so she can buy cake somewhere else.

Shame on her for spending so much holiday money when she didn't really want what she was buying.

Well, I may be spoiled - but I don't need the money to spend elsewhere. I'm probably one of the few here who has no credit card debt. Shame on you for jumping to conclusions!

Honored Contributor

The 30 day price adjustment policy the shopping channels have has nothing to do with the return period for Christmas gifts. OP does indeed sound like a spoiled child.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The holiday return period and the period for making a price adjustment on a purchase is different. The adjustment period is only 30 days after purchase. I tried to do that too and was told that, but the rep was nice and made a one time adjustment for me and gave me the lower price. Might pay to call back and try another rep.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Blondelle said:

The holiday return period and the period for making a price adjustment on a purchase is different. The adjustment period is only 30 days after purchase. I tried to do that too and was told that, but the rep was nice and made a one time adjustment for me and gave me the lower price. Might pay to call back and try another rep.

That was nice that they did that for you. I think it often does depend on who you talk to.

Super Contributor

I completely agree with the OP! It is in the best of BOTH interests to refund the stupid money for goodness sake. I just went through this myself. I was turned down and then asked for a supervisor, which I would have to wait 5 hours for a return call. I politely declined, called back and asked for a supervisor. After I told them I'd really prefer to NOT send the item back, they finally gave me the price difference.

I'm a long-time customer and don't return things very often, and it's only good business that they give the customer the difference in price (without having to beg). Gimme a break.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 jugtown said:

I completely agree with the OP! It is in the best of BOTH interests to refund the stupid money for goodness sake. I just went through this myself. I was turned down and then asked for a supervisor, which I would have to wait 5 hours for a return call. I politely declined, called back and asked for a supervisor. After I told them I'd really prefer to NOT send the item back, they finally gave me the price difference.

I'm a long-time customer and don't return things very often, and it's only good business that they give the customer the difference in price (without having to beg). Gimme a break.

Thank you jugtown! That's the point...I'm a VERY long-term customer and spend A LOT of money here. Plus, why would they want to process the return if they didn't have to? I think I was just offended by the whole thing.

Honored Contributor

The policy is 30 days period.

If you are that upset about it, don't go out shopping in the malls and see all the lower prices! I was out over the weekend to do a few exchanges and one of the tops I needed to exchange was now priced at $8.00 and the giver paid $22.99 for the top. I saw things in the store I had purchased as gifts for 60% and 70% off what I paid for them prior to the holiday.

That's just the way things go and you take a chance on that happening. To think Q or any other store shouldn't mark things down until after the end of January is a little nuts.

Super Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me on an expensive watch over at ShopHQ and they just issued a credit of almost $800 to my account! No questions, no hassles, no silly returning...nothing...and I have received the credit as promised! I spend a lot of "time" over there now. Always "ezpay" and lower shipping...Way to go Q!