Esteemed Contributor

Re: So...they would rather you return an item instead of a price adjustment???

My pet peeve.... I cancelled an item quickly... made a mistake. Well since it is DIRECTLY FROM THE VENDOR... it did not cancel and I should be receiving it today. Electronics... need I say more... lots of money and they will pay to have it sent back... YES.. but they should have had a system in place to cancel quickly. Not send and then send back because of lack of communication.

I am buying less and less and I feel really stupid about ordering the laptop in the first place. Got caught up in the need for it and the nifty presentation. Oh well the red HP will just have to go back the way it was sent or not.

About your post. I now buy CLEARANCE and AS IS. That way I get the best deal. I do have to check and check and then wait and wait but it is worth it for me.

Trusted Contributor

OP, how long had it been, since purchase? You say it was more than the 30 day price adjustment period. The extended return policy is put in place, with the idea that people are Gift shopping, and they have an extra month to return items, if the gift doesn't work out. Of course, we all know, that many of the returns are personal purchases. Do you really think, it's reasonable, that every person, who makes a purchase, during those months, should be able to get a price adjustment, if, at any time during those months, the item, goes on sale, clearance, whatever? With the volumn of customers that QVC has, can you imagine what a nightmare that would be to deal with? If the OP what's to pack up, and return, $400 worth of things that she purchased because she wanted them, and now didn't get her way that certainly is her right. To me, it seems a little unreasonable!
Respected Contributor

Kahootz, I understand how you feel. It happened to me too, so I returned it.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 kahootz said:

Okay, I'm still scratching my head. I was looking at stuff I had ordered during the past few months and noticed a silver bracelet I had ordered is now on clearance for $47 cheaper. So...I figured since it fell within the holiday return policy, I would call customer service and get a price adjustment. NOPE!! I was told by a customer service rep and also that person's supervisor that there is no way they can make this adjustment in their system. I would have to return the item and re-purchase. Okey dokey. I am really miffed at this and will definitely be returning this item and NOT re-purchasing. I may just return everything I purchased during the holiday return policy.

So, you're going to return everything you bought because you didn't get the "credit" you felt you should? Even though it was well outside their clearly stated "price adjustment policy"?

And since none of the items you're returning were defective (unless you're going to claim that in each case), you're going to have to pay return shipping??? How much will that add up to?

It seems to me that you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. If you really feel that strongly, perhaps it's time to shop elsewhere, although I doubt you'll find many retailers (online or B&M) who would have treated you any differently. Time to stop shopping altogether?

As others have pointed out, every retailer has huge discounts after Christmas and we all know that. It's not like it comes as a huge (GASP) surprise. Maybe you should've waited until now to do your shopping.

I continue to be amazed at some of the complaints leveled at QVC. Yes, there are some problems as with any company, but slamming them for this is totally unfair. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

I don't get people's expectations that QVC (or anyone else) should make up the price difference if an item they've purchased goes on sale later! I know a few sellers do this, but it's never made much sense to me, and I certainly don't expect it of all sellers. I figure if I buy an item early in the season, I pay regular price or close to it. If I buy it later, when it's on clearance, I have less chance of finding the exact size or color I want, but I get a big price break as they're clearing out the last of the season's inventory. I see no reason I should expect a clearance price if I chose to buy early! I consider this an unreasonable demand.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

If you return it via their shipping label - they are making even MORE money from you.

So yes, they want to make as much as possible and prefer a return over an adjustment.

If you return one item and purchase another at the lower price - they make even MORE in shipping!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 terrier3 said:

If you return it via their shipping label - they are making even MORE money from you.

So yes, they want to make as much as possible and prefer a return over an adjustment.

If you return one item and purchase another at the lower price - they make even MORE in shipping!!!

So true!!

Honored Contributor

Idiotic, and since when is this how they roll? I haven't asked for a price adjustment recently, but in the past, when I did and when my request was valid, it was given no questions asked, and they couldn't have been nicer about it... I guess LOTS of things have changed around here, and seemingly nothing for the better...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 GoodStuff said:

I don't get people's expectations that QVC (or anyone else) should make up the price difference if an item they've purchased goes on sale later! I know a few sellers do this, but it's never made much sense to me, and I certainly don't expect it of all sellers. I figure if I buy an item early in the season, I pay regular price or close to it. If I buy it later, when it's on clearance, I have less chance of finding the exact size or color I want, but I get a big price break as they're clearing out the last of the season's inventory. I see no reason I should expect a clearance price if I chose to buy early! I consider this an unreasonable demand.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

For me, it depends on how long after I purchased the price changed. The general rule of thumb for most retailers used to be that if the price was lowered within two weeks, they would honor the lower price... That said, I have recently seen other major retailers refuse to do so and when they do so, yes, they can expect a return and usually not only no repurchase but no further of my business...

If it's been a longer time, I agree with you. They can't very well offer price adjustments for items bought months ago, as pretty much everything goes on sale at some point... Well, maybe not here, but at most places!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Really? People don't expect items to go on clearance and be reduced after the holidays? I would never think that they should then sell it to me at the reduced price. I bought, I was willing to pay the price, it certainly has nothing to do with a decision a company made.

By this logic, then if you buy something and the price goes up, you should hop right on the phone, call and rebate the difference to the company. Makes sense doesn't it? Does to me.