Esteemed Contributor

Another great place to buy quality diamonds is USAA buying service.  I lost a diamond, checked locally and ended up letting USAA pick one ( have them cut, carat, color).  It was a beautiful stone and a real deal.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, never heard of that. I'll check into it.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's for military folks.

Esteemed Contributor

@sligo @SharkE 

Once I wanted a gemstone bracelet from Sam's and when I went to finally buy it, it had sold out.  I ordered online and its source was from a supplier in the Diamond District in NYC.  Flawless bracelet, great price.

@SharkE 

You bet I know my jewelry!  It pays to educate yourself.  DH says I have a PhD in it, LOL!

Honored Contributor

We would get along sounds like.

You see where gold busted 1800 today ? 1808 an oz. I sold off a lot

when it was 1764. It's rumored to hit 2000 this yr. but, I'm not selling any more even at that price.

Like selling my children I want to keep some of them  . LOL

@Sammycat1 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE 

We would definitely get along! I saw that about gold.  I sold some years ago but I'm holding on the rest...for now!  One must have some bling at all times.

Honored Contributor

yeah, I  got an Imperial Gold bracelet and it's a flash as Mae West would say. I just recently bought Imperial Silver cuff it's very pretty.

I"m like a crow . If it flashes I got to have it. LOL

This isn't really the time to buy because of gold has went up  so much, but, that rolo bracelet wasn't that expensive and I knew it would be long gone if I left without it, so, out came the Sam's card.

Don't know why, but, I've been on a rolo kick. I bought a silver real chunky one, bought a Brighton rolo, had a cheapie I liked from a craft show that was just stainless, but, I loved that it could roll off and on without asking somebody for help. Easy on and off.    Maybe for Christmas i'll get a chunkier one ROFL

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Sam's club here. They have very nice jewelry and reasonable prices. I recently bought a 5 stone 1 carat band, and a 1 carat diamond heart pendant - 14K. And their stuff isn't set in flimsy gold. My pendant weighed 9 grams. I also have a 2 carat 14K bracelet from there.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy  I completely agree that their pieces are not flimsy!

@SharkE  My husband says "magpie alert" when I see something sparkly or shiny. We were in Sam's today and I saw your role----nice!

Honored Contributor

Isn't that cute ?   I preach don't buy gold right now because it's at an all time high, BUT, LOL   rolo's are hard to find and this one being right there and at the handy. No 'in processing' and mail waits I went for it.

I'll get a more expensive one for Xmas if I"m still on a rolo kick by then

chunky, chunky one. This is a small chunky LOL. My 2 sisters like small, delicate stuff I want 'go big or go home' stuff.  ROFL

I'm gonna look Mon and see if they still have it or if they only got in a few. Glad I went ahead and got it.

Secret tip:  Watch Penny's if they go out of business that gold will be on clearance. Gold is gold don't care where you buy it. They play these games where they jack the price way up, BUT, todays special they take this and that off and if you use your credit card more off till they get 1,000 piece down to 2-300.

@Sammycat1