Re: Anyone Remember Dan?

[ Edited ]

Wow, I never knew that so many people that actually don't know me in real life hate me that much. A very eye opening experience for sure. No matter though, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but please, don't carry it around with you. I don't hate anyone, and hatred is a terrible state of mind.

I would like to set a couple of things straight though, after reading through all of these emails.

First of all, I was not "let go" by HSN, the choice was mine. The plan was to create a line of jewelry to bring to them to sell on their network, and the plan was so solid, that the head of the entire purchasing division of the network resigned when I did, to be my partner. What neither of us saw coming was my battle with life-threatening blood clots to the lungs that hospitalized me for 67 days and nearly took my life just a couple of months after leaving the network. I was so weak and bad off that I could not work for over a year and a half, and even then, only on a very limited basis. Without insurance, we lost everything we had to make the plans work financially, and that was that. We scaled it way back, and I did sell "Gem Inspirations by Dan Dennis" on Shop At Home, a smaller network, in Nashville, until a new channel called WSS-TV came calling in 2005. That is the true story of how my relationship with HSN ended, so please, no more remarks about how they let me go, I assure you, they did not.

As for my mental state of mind, my memory is just fine thank you. Sure, at 68 years of age I forget a name from time to time or a fact every so often, but believe me, with everything I have going on at ShopLC, I have little issue with my memory. I got a complete physical last year from my doctor, and am just fine. Linda and I have both been vegetarians for a very long time, and take good care of ourselves.

Finally, I leave you with only one request. Last week, we lost our oldest son Brian, suddenly. When a parent loses a child, there are no words to describe exactly what they are going through. Perhaps the emptiest, deepest sadness, times a million, I don't know. We're not asking for anything for ourselves, but please pray for our son, who we will put to rest in Florida, at the end of this week. 

This will most likely be the last time any of you will hear from me on this site. 

Thanks and God Bless.

Dan 

Austin, Texas

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Remember Dan Dennis?

Dear Dan & Family,

Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your Son.  I will pray for peace and comfort for your family.  Lastly, do not concern yourself with others if they haven’t anything nice to say.  Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

@Irishfan1 I don't know you but I read your post. I'm truly sorry for your loss. May you and your family surround yourself with loving friends and family during this difficult time . God bless you and your family.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who you are either.  Sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

@Irishfan1 I don't know the back story but I want to say that I am really sad to hear that people were so needlessly cruel after your retirement.you have suffered terribly with your health,business and the tragic death of your son.I hope and pray that you will someday find happiness and joy again and will not have to experience any more cr ap from the heartless people.I will pray for your son.I wish I had words to help you heal but I can only say how sorry I am that you have had so much taken away.

Trusted Contributor

I remember Dan from HSN.  I thought he was a good host.  I know exactly what he and his family are feeling now with the loss of their precious son.  We lost our youngest to cancer on 12/10/10.  I'm keeping him and wife in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

@henderson Bless your heart ❤️ for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

I always thought Dan was a very good host, and an expert on gems, I do think he was Paul Deasy's mentor on HSN when it came time to selling gems. I am so sorry to hear aboutthe loss of your son, you and Linda were such devoted parents and to one another. Dan wrote a book called The Lively Art of Gems, I remember it well.

Valued Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Remember Dan?

[ Edited ]

Dan Dennis.jpgDan, I am sorry to hear of your son's passing.  I will pray for                                            Brian.  Please give my consolences to your wife.