Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,390
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

 I’m no longer a fan of JR jewelry since the pieces became larger and too “formal” for my lifestyle.

 

I have noticed that she’s using 118 facets in her Diamonique stones. Especially in a single stone ring or pendant, it gives it an artificial flash of shine that’s not found in actual diamonds.

 

What do you think?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 47,568
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS

@Shanus.  "Formal" is a good description for JR jewelry.  I like a more organic, craftsman sort of look so I've never been a fan of her creations.  I also don't like Diamonique regardless of the faceting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,712
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS

Most of her jewelry is gaudy at best. I laughed at the clasp on the TSV. Fine jewelry combined with diamonds in a bracelet would rarely if ever have a lobster claw clasp. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,390
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@Trinity11 wrote:

Most of her jewelry is gaudy at best. I laughed at the clasp on the TSV. Fine jewelry combined with diamonds in a bracelet would rarely if ever have a lobster claw clasp. 


 

@Trinity11. ITA. An authentic diamond, or any expensive bracelet, would have a box clasp with figure 8 safety clasps.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,390
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@Shanus wrote:

 I’m no longer a fan of JR jewelry since the pieces became larger and too “formal” for my lifestyle.

 

I have noticed that she’s using 118 facets in her Diamonique stones. Especially in a single stone ring or pendant, it gives it an artificial flash of shine that’s not found in actual diamonds.

 

What do you think?

 


....not to mention ridiculously high prices for silver or gold plated w/ man-made stones.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,434
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS

I think her TSV bracelet is pitiful.  It is so small that you would have to stack the bracelet so you could get some shine.  I was never a fan of JR jewelry.  Very formal looking to me.  I was a big fan of Michael Dawkins.  Really miss him.  Cat Happy  Merry Christmas!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,390
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@KatCat1 wrote:

I think her TSV bracelet is pitiful.  It is so small that you would have to stack the bracelet so you could get some shine.  I was never a fan of JR jewelry.  Very formal looking to me.  I was a big fan of Michael Dawkins.  Really miss him.  Cat Happy  Merry Christmas!


 

@KatCat1  I agree. I loved Dawkins.  The 14K gold plated  on TSV is more 18K yellow color...Those who purchase it hoping to wear it with their 14K bracelets will definitely be disappointed.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,712
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Most of her jewelry is gaudy at best. I laughed at the clasp on the TSV. Fine jewelry combined with diamonds in a bracelet would rarely if ever have a lobster claw clasp. 


 

@Trinity11. ITA. An authentic diamond, or any expensive bracelet, would have a box clasp with figure 8 safety clasps.

 


Yes @Shanus. I worked for the store with the blue box...

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@Shanus wrote:

 I’m no longer a fan of JR jewelry since the pieces became larger and too “formal” for my lifestyle.

 

I have noticed that she’s using 118 facets in her Diamonique stones. Especially in a single stone ring or pendant, it gives it an artificial flash of shine that’s not found in actual diamonds.

 

What do you think?


I only have one "by the yard" style necklace from Ripka that has the 118 facets, and I think the stones are really pretty. The stones are pretty small, so I don't think the fact that they are not the traditional 57-facet cut is really noticeable.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: RIPKA’S DIAMONIQUE FACETS


@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Most of her jewelry is gaudy at best. I laughed at the clasp on the TSV. Fine jewelry combined with diamonds in a bracelet would rarely if ever have a lobster claw clasp. 


 

@Trinity11. ITA. An authentic diamond, or any expensive bracelet, would have a box clasp with figure 8 safety clasps.

 


Yes @Shanus. I worked for the store with the blue box...


 

I guess it depends on the type of bracelet. Here's a lobster clasp bracelet from T&Co.

 

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 3.59.25 PM.png