Respected Contributor

Why is QVC showing jewelry now? I had rather see jewelry in time for gift giving. Better jewelry, than all the junk gifts prior to now. I don't understand  QVC programming these days. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry appearance 12/22

@TX-starlightI read an article in the business pages early this week in which they gave a statistic that over 40% of holiday shoppers buy for themselves as well as others.  QVC has been doing these "late" jewelry shows for years now, so I assume they have lots of those "one for me, please" buyers.  I buy for myself, especially in the days just before and after the holiday -  except for food, everything else is long gone from the house. 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight I wondered the same thing.  Would have made some lovely Christmas gifts, in some cases.

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

Why is QVC showing jewelry now? I had rather see jewelry in time for gift giving. Better jewelry, than all the junk gifts prior to now. I don't understand  QVC programming these days. 

I agree with you totally..............also if you see something you WOULD HAVE BOUGHT FOR SOMEONE....it is too late to order and get it in time for the holiday.......and anything for a "gift for myself".......i would want by the holiday also.............not a few days later............

Honored Contributor

Do just you wait or things to appear in a show to shop?  You can shop for jewelry any time you want, you don't have to wait for anything to show up on tv. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Do just you wait or things to appear in a show to shop?  You can shop for jewelry any time you want, you don't have to wait for anything to show up on tv. 

@chrystaltree I purchased two bracelet cuffs for my niece for Christmas about 3 weeks ago by searching several sites and choosing QVC’s.  Really beautiful bracelets and they were on reduced prices.  I never wait to see on-air presentations when I’m ready to shop for gifts.

Honored Contributor

I wondered same... maybe the likelihood of New Year parties and buyers for that? 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~

I so agree, this day should have been aired last week instead of all the mundane items they have shown for the month!

Valued Contributor

Nice to finally have a day of jewelry...better late than never and certainly we needed to air sponges multiple times and wall outlets and socks!  QVC just doesn't seem to be interested in keeping the on air shopping customer happy with varied programming.  A better idea would be to sprinkle a jewelry show or two each week from Christmas in July until next Christmas in July.

Honored Contributor

I was going to post about that too.  I don't understand why they didn't have this show a few weeks earlier. I saw a few things for my niece but didn't order because I wouldn't get it in time.  They probably lost a few sales by doing this.