Super Contributor

Question regarding tarnished Judith Ripka jewelry

Hi all ,

I have many beautiful pieces of Judith Ripka jewelry that have tarnished ( mostly the gold clad - although a very very expensive opal cuff set in silver is also tarnished )

I have kept them in a Lori Granier anti tarnish free standing mirror.

Is their any recourse through QVC ? Or should I just throw the pieces out ?

crazy that I have gold clad Vincenza silver pieces that are not tarnished , in perfect condition and were much less expensive!!!  I also have many inexpensive costume jewelry pieces that are in perfect shape that I have had for 20 years !!! Any advice ?           ( other than not to ever buy anymore ) Thank you !

Super Contributor

Re: Question regarding tarnished Judith Ripka jewelry

I would let QVC  customer service know about this problem.  I had a 14K bracelet from QVC that darkened really bad.  They wanted to see it so I sent it back and got a new one.

Trusted Contributor

@Gsmom wrote:

Hi all ,

I have many beautiful pieces of Judith Ripka jewelry that have tarnished ( mostly the gold clad - although a very very expensive opal cuff set in silver is also tarnished )

I have kept them in a Lori Granier anti tarnish free standing mirror.

Is their any recourse through QVC ? Or should I just throw the pieces out ?

crazy that I have gold clad Vincenza silver pieces that are not tarnished , in perfect condition and were much less expensive!!!  I also have many inexpensive costume jewelry pieces that are in perfect shape that I have had for 20 years !!! Any advice ?           ( other than not to ever buy anymore ) Thank you !

Have you ever used jewelry cleaner on Them? I've been told that all jewelry has a clear finish on them that can be removed with some cleaners. Solution would be clean them, then paint with clear nail polish. Also all jewelry is made with many kinds of metals. Some are better than others, hence green finger.

Respected Contributor

I will follow this thread with interest.  I have MANY JR pieces from the first day she appeared on air and I have never had one piece tarnish.

I do not clean them and I do not store them in a special jewelry box, they just sit out on my dresser.

I have no idea why your pieces are tarnishing, very curious.

Super Contributor

Thanks for you replys

I have not tried a cleaner - maybe I should thank you

I will call customer service also 

I hope it didn't happen because it was in the anti tarnish jewelry armoire ...

that just wouldn't make sense 

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2  Silver jewelry does not have any clear finish on it, only bronze jewelry.  Absolutely don't "paint" with nail polish.

@Gsmom  Sterling can be professionally polished by a jeweler or silversmith to remove any tarnish.  Have you tried removing it with a silver polishing cloth?  A Sunshine cloth is best

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I will try that cloth 

thank you !

New Contributor

Me, too. I'm pretty disgusted that I spent so much money on these gold clad pieces. They're beautiful when new, but they quickly lose their luster. I'm afraid to use a silver polish cloth on them. I did try that on one of the smaller pieces. It didn't help, in fact, it made it worse. Like you, I have Veronese pieces for years and they look exactly like they did the day I got them.

Also, it really iritates me that Judith Ripka or her associates don't seem to respond to questions about this issue. I've asked a couple of times, once on her FB page - even in a direct message - NO RESPONSE.

My advice don't waste your money on her gold clad pieces until they resolve this issue.

Honored Contributor

I Have never had a problem with Ripka tarnishing.  I keep it in a tarnish preventing jewelry box.  Additionally, isn't it rhodium plated?

Super Contributor

I would not clean with anything, but contact QVC immediately.  I believe JR pieces are guaranteed for life.  I don't think she ownes the company any longer, thus the lack of appearances.  Once you try to clean or use a product on the items the guartantee would be null and void.  NEVER put Clear Polish on your jewelry!