Honored Contributor

Re: QVC gems vs. other shopping channels

On 10/22/2014 kachina624 said:
On 7/16/2014 stevieb said:

I tend still to think QVC's jewelry, <em>overall</em>, (and not saying this is the case for every single piece or every single line they offer), is a cut above the others, though certainly not the full step up it used to be. I'm also not saying the variety is what it used to be, by a long shot.

I have to disagree. After buying and returning many thin, tinny pieces of silver from the Q, I've ceased even watching the jewelry shows except for Carolyn Pollack and Or Paz. I think everyone else in the TV shopping world exceeds QVC in quality. I've bought far more from HSN and SHQ the past couple of years....better quality and variety. No Bronzo.

No problem, that's what the boards are about. We all get to have our own opinion... More variety, maybe, at least as far as what's presented on the air, but I'm not sure the quality is "all that" elsewhere, either... An awful lot of what I see on the other two looks pretty junky too... And as for Bronzo, well, it's there for those who choose to buy it, but from what I've seen both the others are also pushing bronze and brass jewelry (as is Ms. Pollack...), along with clad and vermeil... Frankly, none of them is offering the level of quality or variety they did even just a few years ago. All that said, QVC's recent jewelry offerings have been largely pretty dismal. And since this was specifically about gemstones, I have to say, I'm very tired of QVC latching onto a couple of gemstones and then proceeding to offer very little else... First it was the gosh-awful drusy, then the equally as uninteresting black spinel and labradorite, now it's Sleeping Beauty turquoise... Sadly, I was just beginning to enjoy the occasional Pollack show, but it seems now the preponderance of what she's bringing, probably at the Q's behest, is yet more Sleeping Beauty... Like virtually everything else Q these days, the offerings just get more and more stale.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...