Honored Contributor

@Still Raining and @Pezzie - just went and looked at the James Avery website.  Thanks for mentioning it. It looks great and I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Still Raining and @Pezzie - just went and looked at the James Avery website.  Thanks for mentioning it. It looks great and I've bookmarked it for future reference.

They have retail stores too.

I have a relative who lives in Kerrville, it is like catnip to go the store and they will pull different colors of stone from the factory for your choice.  Kills your credit card.  Made in USA in Kerrville.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

They have retail stores too.

I have a relative who lives in Kerrville, it is like catnip to go the store and they will pull different colors of stone from the factory for your choice.  Kills your credit card.  Made in USA in Kerrville.

@Still Raining - thank goodness I don't live anywhere near an actual store.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions.  Happened to be on Macy's website looking for something else and checked out their chains.  They are having a sale!  Ordered 2 chains that were on sale and think they will work fine.  

Thanks for this info.  Found my 14K white gold chain at a great price!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I would suggest Ross Simons site.  I have bought from them, no gimmick, just quality items, I worked with a gemologist for 5 yrs after I hurt my sciatic nerve styling for Dillards.

The box chains and snake are always the strongest.  They do have good sales.

There should be one with Easter almost here.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@JudyL 

I would suggest Ross Simons site.  I have bought from them, no gimmick, just quality items, I worked with a gemologist for 5 yrs after I hurt my sciatic nerve styling for Dillards.

The box chains and snake are always the strongest.  They do have good sales.

There should be one with Easter almost here.

@ECBG - thank you for the suggestion.  I found some chains on Macy's website when they were having a sale.  Will keep Ross Simons in mind though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pendant chains

[ Edited ]

I bought a set of three stainless steel chains, in different lengths, from ShopLC for less than $20. They are very durable and I feel my pendants are very secure on them. They look like platinum.

These are 16", 18" and 24". The longest one is the thickest so a pendant would have to have a larger bail to fit on it. They all have extenders, too.

Honored Contributor

I second SilleeMee's suggestion.  Go to shop LC.  I've bought several chains from them for about 10.00 each.  Nothing has broken.  You might find magnetic clasps there, also.  I haven't looked lately, since they and DISH broke up.  I buy from a local auction and have a bundle of pendants.  So price is a huge consideration for me.