Honored Contributor

Who will be QVC's next Jewelry Star?

I think back on Robert Lee Morris and Hagit Gorali.  Now we have Scott Grimes with JAI.  They all eventually run their course.  Do we have any stars waiting in the wings?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Who will be QVC's next Jewelry Star?

with the vanishing jewelry shows, i doubt there will be any more "stars", unless they increase, jewelry show frequency.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know but it sure won't be a gold vendor unless the prices come down.

Honored Contributor

Not Loni Anderson or Morgan Fairchild. That goes to show how long I've been watching! Carol Channing even was on with her line. I still have stuff from Lee Sands, Nolan Miller and Kenneth J. Lane. Tons of JR's too.

Respected Contributor

I always liked Dawkins, still wear his bracelets. 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  I have lots of Lee Sands items purchased off ebay.  Robert Lee Morris is at Macys, I think. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is a good question.  I am happy to see Honora is back but I don't know who will be the next star???   I've been enjoying Amber Extraordinaire on HSN which is fairly new.  It's lovely and something different.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

While channeling through, I happened to come across the presentation with Joel and Jane.  She was prattling on about wearing her pearls to "the happy place" recently and also some little ad lib about the daughters.  Joel said, "let's get back to the necklace." Woman Very Happy

Too bad more vendors don't pull her back into the moment and get her back on track.

As far as the next new Jewelry star, or even the new clothing star, shoe line star.......my observation is that QVC seems to think that they can only showcase a couple vendors per product line.  When a new one comes on board, they start letting the old ones go.  Why??? I don't get it.

Compare the number of vendors per category at HSN and it far exceeds QVC.  I like variety.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

From what I see young people are not as interested in jewelry as we were. My sons fiance wears her engagement ring and occasionally a tiny diamond stud in her nose. Her friends are very much the same. I will admit it's very difficult to find gifts for her. When I first met her I bought her an American West leather braided bracelet. She wore it that day and I never saw it again. Times change.

Respected Contributor

The variety of vendors for a product type (like silver jewelry or costume) is one thing I miss about the old QVC times.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.