Trusted Contributor
I started a thread last night in Entertainment. I watched the first hour of the Voice but had to switch over to find out what Jack Bauer was up to on 24 ! Poor Josh was surrounded by waving hands during his first song, I found that annoying! Enough with the waving hands already! My favorites are gone as well, I think Josh was VERY nervous, I don 't like the shrieking of Christina - though she has a good voice when used properly. I think she'll win, the Voice has favored female performers in the past.
Super Contributor
On 5/20/2014 Cardamom said:
On 5/20/2014 santorini said:

I didn't like Josh's song last night. I felt it was a bad choice for him. I was nervous the whole time he was singing. He seemed to struggle and it came across as him screaming in desperation.

I totally agree with you. I wasn't a fan of the Elvis song either. These in my opinion were both oversang. I know they are singing for their lives but this does not sound pleasing to my ear. I'm glad at least for Josh that Usher pointed out he is the idea behind The Voice in that he is multifaceted. I barely recognized it was him. I however loved the Usher/Adam duo. They don't oversing, they relax, have a good time and it sounds good to me. Obviously they have a ton more experience but I really feel they connect with the audience and listener. I had never heard that song before and had no connection to it and they totally captivated my attention the entire performance which is a tough task since I usually have my ipad on my lap. I'm hoping Josh wins because Blake and Adam have won multiple times. I'd really like to see Usher win.

Usher/Adam song was fantastic! I'm going to download it. I loved the song Adam did with Christina also. I want to download that, too. The blonde hair looks a touch better this week cause the dark is growing in beneath it, and I was so loving Adam's "Madman" hair just before he went Billy Idol.

Super Contributor

P.S. I still think the last winner whose name I forget (the Jamaican-mix singer) was unbelievable. She is my favorite winner of all the seasons I think.

Contributor
On 5/20/2014 BGDC said:

P.S. I still think the last winner whose name I forget (the Jamaican-mix singer) was unbelievable. She is my favorite winner of all the seasons I think.

Tessane Chin. If you want to see something fun, find the recent edition of PBS' "In Performance at the White House." Along with Ms. Chin, it includes Melissa Etheridge, Patti LaBelle, Jill Scott, Aretha Franklin, and one or two others.

I challenge you to not dance (chair-dancing counts)!

Valued Contributor

She did an awesome job. However, if you are an Idol fan, Jena Irene did this same song 2 weeks ago and was even better in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIy9i53I2o

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/20/2014 Lanikins said:

She did an awesome job. However, if you are an Idol fan, Jena Irene did this same song 2 weeks ago and was even better in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIy9i53I2o

The second poster on this thread mentioned Jena Irene's version of 'Can't Help Falling in Love with You'... this must have been the only Elvis song the sinnging shows were cleared for this year! I loved Jena's version too- probably my favorite performance of hers this season.

Poor Josh- an Adele song didn't fit his strengths. I loved him way back in the blinds and have rooted for him all along! But song choice matters so much. You could tell he was struggling- and you could see disappointment on his face when he completed the song. Even with Usher going nuts!

Not a country fan- and Christina's style isn't my genre either. I hope Josh wins- even though last night wasn't his best.

Super Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think they are all talented. Of the final three I would like to see Jake win. My least favorite is Christina. I was hoping Kristen Merlin was going to be in the final three. I also liked Delvin. No matter who wins I will not be disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor
I don't like any of the final three......they're all so boring and while they all have a decent voice, they are not talented. The finalist on AI are much, much better this time.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow- Adam just said if Christina doesn't win he's signing her to his label!!