Valued Contributor

I could not believe my eyes when I reviewed the new today items and saw 35 Affinity band rings!  Rarely do we see a jewelry show and almost never do we see Affinity.  I have to wonder when the jewelry sales are declining why invest in 35 diamond band rings?  And each of the 35 styles have yellow and white gold and eleven sizes...including half sizes.  I did a quick total and that would be around 1.8 million in sales if there would be just one ring in each color and size in inventory.  And there are no videos.  What is QVC thinking when average shoppers see so little available that is affordable in gold rings and other gold pieces?  If you want to buy a solid  gold ring there are fewer than 200 for under $400..  fewer than 350 $400-800.  Less than 650 from $800-4000.  And last there are 150 over $4000.  Inventory is out of whack for the Q customer.  I could kind of understand investing in a large Affinity inventory but this is basically one style...a band ring....with versions in diamond weight and stone size.  I just don't get the point.

Valued Contributor

Either you are very bored or very smart when it comes to jewelry business.

Sounds like the Q could use your expertise!

Valued Contributor

Yes, bored waiting for Spring!  But I just do not get why QVC has gone from a jewelry store leader to almost no shows with poor selections and prices.

Respected Contributor

Wow! They also seem very expensive for the carat weights involved.

Regular Contributor

I may have missed it, but I looked and no where can I find where it states the diamond clarity.  In other Affinity offerings, I have seen as low as I2 with I1 being the norm.  Who would want such imperfect, inferior, included diamonds?  Especially sight unseen? 

If you are looking at I1 diamonds in a B&M store, at least you are seeing them in person and can tell if they have any sparkle and life to them.  But to not even state the clarity is a pretty big red flag. Unless, I just overlooked it, in which case please disregard this post. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Affinity rings

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

Wow! They also seem very expensive for the carat weights involved.

Q would not be my go to place for jewelry.  I have purchased jewelry from Q in the past, Barbara Bixby, black hills gold, Tacori diamonque, Steel by design.  I loved the jewelry shows and the presentations.  I enjoy my pieces I even have the ring that Shawn designed but now I purchase my jewelry from other channels at better prices.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I agree.

Honored Contributor

All of the Afinity seem to be the same.  Color H, 1S & 2S.  I think the average diamond color is G.

Regular Contributor

@songbird wrote:

All of the Afinity seem to be the same.  Color H, 1S & 2S.  I think the average diamond color is G.

@songbird , Can you explain what you mean by 1S & 2S? I am not familair with that designation.  Is that just a QVC rating?

Honored Contributor

Re: New Affinity rings

[ Edited ]

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird , Can you explain what you mean by 1S & 2S? I am not familair with that designation.  Is that just a QVC rating?

No.  It's universal descriptions of diamonds.  It should be SI.   SI stands for inclusions. SI 1 is better then SI 2.  Diamonds run from FL (flawless) to SI 1-2   Nothing wrong with SI 1 or SI 2.  Just that with small inclusions SI 1 is better to have then SI 2.  Obviously SI 1 costs more.  An example is a SI 1 would cost $10,000.00, but a SI 2 would cost $8,000.00.  It's nitpicking but there is also VS 1 & VS 2.  It's stands for very small inclusion.  A dimaond is going to have inclusions, no matter what of the alphabet it is. 

The only flawless I ever saw has been on Gem Shopping, (also D Color) are by designer Cat Florence.  But they are very small.  Because of that, the jewelry is expensive, but not excessively so. But the flash is BIG, LOL.

What I don't like so much is QVC color of Affinity. (H)  The color (brightness) of the diamond outweighs inclusions to me anyway.  Inclusions are part of nature.  My diamond is at least a G. Which is really kind of average.  So called dead diamonds are way down the alphabet in brightness.