Honored Contributor

Re: More 14K Solid Gold Made in Italy

Q charges more per gram of gold than many other retailers. Check out sarrafdotcom. I just ordered a 14k rose gold bracelet, 10 grams, for $50 per gram.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    It feels wrong, wrong, wrong to me.

So what? It may feel RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT fo others. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey   No, I haven't tried that.  Unless the pin was gold or sterling, A jeweler would be unable to solder on the piece and would have to use glue, which I wouldn't trust. Getting a pin to hang correctly as a pendant is very tricky.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    It feels wrong, wrong, wrong to me.

So what? It may feel RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT fo others. 

@RetRN    You apparently have psychic abilities and know what's in other peoples' heads.  I can only speak for myself.

Honored Contributor

@SAM55 wrote:

Kachina, can I ask you most respectfully, not to comment on any of my posts?  I remember you from years ago when I had a different profile.  Everything  you post is

negative.  Thank you.

@SAM55    What a snotty, negative reaction to someone who tried to make a helpful suggestion.

If you're going to post here, you need to learn the correct way of notifying someone you've mentioned them in a post so they'll receive a notification, just as I've done for you.  Common courtesy.

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey :  You can buy pin converters (both horizontal and vertical in various sizes) on Amazon and elsewhere. Then your pins hang correctly when worn as pendans.

Frequent Contributor

Gold is gold is gold Smiley Happy  It's always welcome at my house!  Seriously, there are so many price points on gold these days and there are still good prices to be found.  For those who like to bid for items, i.e. Ebay, I would suggest visiting Shopgoodwill.com.  It's intriguing to see the various items and you are also helping to support Goodwill (I know that the owners get a cut) and help support their good work.  I have seen some extraordinary gold items and bought a couple also.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

@patbz   Thanks patbz but I've bought those and they didn't work with my pins. The pendants would not hang properly. They might on a small pin though.

Honored Contributor

gotta watch that sarraf place. I saw a florentine bangle I liked and it was 200 cheaper then Q's. So , I sent them a email asking what kind of hinge was on it and they said it was "flexible". I just gathered it was a hard 14kt gold bangle.

Watch out that your getting the same thing as QVC advertises.

I'll just wait till the one I like goes on sale.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Maybe it was inadvertent on your part, but characterizing someone else's posts as "ridiculous", "unwise" and "snotty" and purporting to instruct them is not "helpful" or "courteous" as you claim.  I would have felt insulted too, which is why I posted.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SAM55 wrote:

Kachina, can I ask you most respectfully, not to comment on any of my posts?  I remember you from years ago when I had a different profile.  Everything  you post is

negative.  Thank you.

@SAM55    What a snotty, negative reaction to someone who tried to make a helpful suggestion.

If you're going to post here, you need to learn the correct way of notifying someone you've mentioned them in a post so they'll receive a notification, just as I've done for you.  Common courtesy.