Honored Contributor

In the folded clothes, towels and other laundry. In the laundry basket.

Near where you were when you last applied lotion.  In zipped compartments of purses. Inside flour or sugar containers. Inside cookie jar. Dogs have been video taped swallowing rings. Did you hide the them from someone? Inside pillowcases.

Under mattress from tucking in sheets. Did you do your nails? Inside any bag you scooped something out if, for example, different get food bag. Did you diaper a baby? Did you try on any other jewelry? Did you take them off to clean the toilet? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lost wedding set....

[ Edited ]

Assuming they weren't too loose and didn't just fall off, i would do this.  Get a piece of paper and write down when you take your rings off, For example, 1. when i am applying lotion to my hands.  2.  When i get or do my nails done.  3. When i am cleaning the bathroom.  4.  Gardening. 5.  Swimming. 6.  Spraying my hair.  7.  Putting on an item of clothing that i might snag.  8.  Working with dough.  etc. etc.

The act of making the list may just jog your memory.  I think you will find them.

Honored Contributor

Do you sometimes soak your wedding rings in jewelry cleaner? I lost some jewelry when my husband inadvertently threw out the container without looking to see what was in it.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Do you sometimes soak your wedding rings in jewelry cleaner? I lost some jewelry when my husband inadvertently threw out the container without looking to see what was in it.

@Trinity11 :  I have a sonic jewelry cleaner that I use for cleaning my jewelry.  That is one of the first places DH checked.  I have done all of the things people have suggested almost every day since I lost them, along with DH's help.  Not found yet, but hope springs eternal.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom  Let me first apologize for even suggesting this, but have you checked your local pawnshops?

Sometimes people come in to your home and may let others in while they are working, or seen them from outside and quickly stepped in to your home for a minute and taken them.

I'm certainly not accusing anyone and hopefully they are found soon, but you never know if someone saw them and decided to take them. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Hoovermom  Let me first apologize for even suggesting this, but have you checked your local pawnshops?

Sometimes people come in to your home and may let others in while they are working, or seen them from outside and quickly stepped in to your home for a minute and taken them.

I'm certainly not accusing anyone and hopefully they are found soon, but you never know if someone saw them and decided to take them. 

@CAcableGirl2 :  How timely your post was.  We did have some contractors in our home before I noticed my rings were missing.  We do have cameras but not in the basement where my purse was.  I did find some SS necklaces, earrings and bangles but not my rings.  Since we do not have any proof and would not want to accuse wrongly, we have continued to search.  Rest assured I am going to call any pawn shops in my area tomorrow morning.  Thanks for your sensitivity in this area.  

Super Contributor

Another story here to give you hope that you will find it....after 5 months of searching and  then giving up, I found my lost diamond in a mesh pocket of an insulated lunch bag that I carried with me almost every day. So I had been carrying my diamond around all that time and didn't even know it! 

Respected Contributor

@Wiscfan3 wrote:

Another story here to give you hope that you will find it....after 5 months of searching and  then giving up, I found my lost diamond in a mesh pocket of an insulated lunch bag that I carried with me almost every day. So I had been carrying my diamond around all that time and didn't even know it! 

@Wiscfan3 :  Great story.  I don't think we have given up hope because we are always moving something.   I catch DH in various rooms, prodding and poking. Thank you for continued hope.

Contributor

You are absolutely right about pawnshops. My now deceased cousin (loser he was) was living with my family for free while trying to "get back on his feet." My mom was in the bathroom and he came knocking like it was an emergency that he use the facilities. Mom left her engagement ring in a robe hanging in the bathroom (and this was on her birthday no less), came out so that he could go in. Later on when she put the robe back on, her ring was gone. I knew even at a young age (18) that he was no good and so I started checking out the pawnshops. Well, what do ya know? About 8 months later, I found her ring. There was no doubt that it was her ring, because it was engraved. This was so long ago that when I called the police, they said that there was nothing they could do. Not even tell me who pawned it. I had no choice but to actually buy the ring back at a whopping cost for an 18 year old. I got it back for mom because she was so heartbroken over it and my father had been so proud of the fact that he was able to even get her a diamond ring after they had been married for 20 years at that point with only a thin gold band. I wrapped it up and gave it to her and I don't remember to this day ever seeing my mom so happy, so it was worth every single dollar. She has Alzheimers now, I amn her sole caregiver and it is truly a memory that I cherish. Times have changed and now it wouldn't go that way. The police would intervene and get me that ring ring and prosecute the thief. Made me leary of even relatives. 

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

YES! What she said! We had a yard sale years ago and a lady asked if she could use our bathroom. I let her and she helped herself to a mermaid figurine hanging in there! Didn't notice at first but later DH asked where my little mermaid went and DUH. Never again. No strangers in house. If so watch them!