Honored Contributor

I have never lost my wedding rings, but after 45 years of marriage I really don't wear my rings anymore, I wear Diamonique or a 14kt gold set I put together from Judith Ripka on sale. Good luck with the search.

Contributor

OMG! So sorry you are going through this. Losing a piece of valuable jewelry, especially your wedding/engagement ring, can be so heartwrenching. Here's my story. 20 years ago decided to have surprise birthday party for my husband. Took off rings to clean chicken. Rings never to be found again. After about 8 months of looking for them, husband noticed, asked if I was mad at him because I wasn't wearing my wedding rings. Finally had to fess up. Didn't want to let him know I lost them, but I had jewelry insurance. He convinced me to put in a claim. Through wholesale jeweler assigned by insurance company, I was able to get an absolutely gorgeous platinum set with VVS and E colored diamonds. Fast forward 6 years down t he road, while moving into my new home, I discovered the rings in a pair of jeans in my walk-in closet. Mind you, I rarely wear jeans and only wore them that day for about 20 minutes at the insistence of my girlfriend who was helping me clean up. Now I have two beautiful sets. 

Several years ago, I was missing a very expensive ring. Didn't mention it to hubby. My purchase, so no need to mention it. Looked tirelessly for about a year. Many sleepless nights thinking about it. When I had to get my grandfather clock serviced, the ring was found on the top of it. Oops says hubby. He put it there one day when he came home with some guys from work, saw it on the table and didn't want it to develop feet and just forgot he even saw it, much less put it someplace. Never been so relieved ever. Worried myself into bad health over that one. Used to just put jewelry down all over the house (habit from being single and living alone for so long), but don't do that anymore. One year hubby surprised me with a bolted in safe for the jewelry that was driving him crazy. 

I pray that you will eventually have a happy ending with finding your precious rings. Just when you stop thinking about it and don't expect it, they can appear. 

Super Contributor

Do you have a pet?  I lost a diamond ring a long time ago.  It was missing for many months.  I eventually found it ...it was on the floor in a door jam near the hinge side of the door....just sitting there for me to find.  I think my cat batted it off my dresser.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom  Maybe you should mention it to your cleaning lady, maybe she found them and put them in a safe place for you....

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom Did you happen to look between your matresses?

Honored Contributor

Please let us know when you find themSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have never lost my wedding rings, but after 45 years of marriage I really don't wear my rings anymore, I wear Diamonique or a 14kt gold set I put together from Judith Ripka on sale. Good luck with the search.

@blackhole99 :  Seems like I am not going to be wearing mine.  I have looked for over a week and a half with no luck.  Thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

@TheRealOneForSure wrote:

OMG! So sorry you are going through this. Losing a piece of valuable jewelry, especially your wedding/engagement ring, can be so heartwrenching. Here's my story. 20 years ago decided to have surprise birthday party for my husband. Took off rings to clean chicken. Rings never to be found again. After about 8 months of looking for them, husband noticed, asked if I was mad at him because I wasn't wearing my wedding rings. Finally had to fess up. Didn't want to let him know I lost them, but I had jewelry insurance. He convinced me to put in a claim. Through wholesale jeweler assigned by insurance company, I was able to get an absolutely gorgeous platinum set with VVS and E colored diamonds. Fast forward 6 years down t he road, while moving into my new home, I discovered the rings in a pair of jeans in my walk-in closet. Mind you, I rarely wear jeans and only wore them that day for about 20 minutes at the insistence of my girlfriend who was helping me clean up. Now I have two beautiful sets. 

Several years ago, I was missing a very expensive ring. Didn't mention it to hubby. My purchase, so no need to mention it. Looked tirelessly for about a year. Many sleepless nights thinking about it. When I had to get my grandfather clock serviced, the ring was found on the top of it. Oops says hubby. He put it there one day when he came home with some guys from work, saw it on the table and didn't want it to develop feet and just forgot he even saw it, much less put it someplace. Never been so relieved ever. Worried myself into bad health over that one. Used to just put jewelry down all over the house (habit from being single and living alone for so long), but don't do that anymore. One year hubby surprised me with a bolted in safe for the jewelry that was driving him crazy. 

I pray that you will eventually have a happy ending with finding your precious rings. Just when you stop thinking about it and don't expect it, they can appear. 

@TheRealOneForSure :  Wow, twice you had the charm with your ring.  I just want one LOL.  I am going to look this week and then will call the insurance company.  It would be great if I found them before then.  Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

@seaswirl wrote:

Do you have a pet?  I lost a diamond ring a long time ago.  It was missing for many months.  I eventually found it ...it was on the floor in a door jam near the hinge side of the door....just sitting there for me to find.  I think my cat batted it off my dresser.

@seaswirl :  My house has been cleaned from top to bottom along with me looking at every nook and cranny in this house.  I wish my furbaby would bat mine off of wherever it is hiding Smiley Sad.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Hoovermom  Maybe you should mention it to your cleaning lady, maybe she found them and put them in a safe place for you....

@CAcableGirl2 :  I did mention it to her and even told her to save the vacuum bag for me to go through.  No luck Smiley Sad.