Honored Contributor

Chunky Link Collar Necklaces

I've seen them on so many fashion sites and blogs that I read. Costume and available in many styles and materials. Even "vintage" Napier and Monet that you can buy on EBay or Etsy.

I like the look, especially if it has an extender so it can be worn over a turtleneck or sweater.  Nordstrom site has them. Lord and Taylor, Macy's..they're popular and inexpensive. Can't imagine what a real gold one would cost.

61KHvOTdreL._UY500_.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Chunky Link Collar Necklaces

chunky necklaces.JPG

I bought these chunky necklaces in gold from the Q a few years ago, and yes, in 14kt they are a bit pricey.  My plan was to wear them together in a layered look--made me look like Mr. T.  Not happening; the A Team is not my look.  Might be better with with an extender with a turtle neck.

Hope they look better on you than they did on me!

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman I love your sense of humor. Your necklaces are very pretty.

I would consider one chunky collar necklace in costume jewelry. Probably best to look at them in person, I don't want a Mr. T look either😄

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

One of my "go to" pieces is Carolyn Pollack's 18" 110gram necklace (I've had it 15 years).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

chunky necklaces.JPG

I bought these chunky necklaces in gold from the Q a few years ago, and yes, in 14kt they are a bit pricey.  My plan was to wear them together in a layered look--made me look like Mr. T.  Not happening; the A Team is not my look.  Might be better with with an extender with a turtle neck.

@VegasBusinessWoman  I have the exact same necklace as you do, it is a marquise link in 14k yellow gold and mine is 24 inches long.  My friend bought one in 32 inches.  I wear mine in winter wiith my turtlenecks and other sweaters.  Love it!  I have amassed a small fortune is jewelry but that is my only vice so to speak and I have no children to buy for so I say why not lol.

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 You sound like my kinda gal! 😉

Honored Contributor

chunky necklaces.JPG

@VegasBusinessWoman LOVE your Capidomante? flower!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

chunky necklaces.JPG

I bought the same thing (or something similar) from QVC back when 14K was reasonably priced.  I ended up selling it for far more than what I paid. (at the time it was pricey)

Trusted Contributor

I forgot what I paid for mine but I so love it in the fall/winter since it is 24 inches and can be worn with turtlenecks or mocknecks.  Whatever I paid it was high!

QVC Customer Care