Super Contributor

Re: Long shot question re: t.v. jewelry

If you don't mind, I just want to offer one more clarification about Sofia Vergara from Modern Family. She's Colombian (from Colombia), not Spanish (from Spain). I've heard people call all Spanish-speakers "Spanish" - it's incorrect and a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Thank you for indulging me.
Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2014 ennui1 said:

Asa's jewelry looks like 18K + gold. She has some amazing things, but she also has a lot of money, and buys vintage and rare.

Usually, if you see something you like, you can Google by character name, actor name, and show ... you might have to do a little detective work.

if it is vintage and she got it in iran then it is definitely 18k because that is the standard there. from the day you are born they begin giving young girls gold jewelry.....usually the first will be earrings.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Asa like all Iranians and other middle eastern and Indians wear 22 or 24 K only. They think 18k is inferior. Italians wear 18K and think of 14 as inferior. We, English,French think that 14 is ok. Germans even accept 10k. Cultural differences