Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late Jan. 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Glad to hear your ordeal is over. Had to be tough.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late Jan. 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 1/31/2015 Pepper22 said:

Hi LuckyPeach. I'm glad for you & that your long ordeal has come to an end. I hope you can get some rest & do some good JR retail therapy this weekend. I have received lots of great clearance pieces over the past few months. Today I finally received a bracelet that was on waitlist for quite some time J290226 a beautiful 8" amethyst station bracelet. Its a beauty!!!

I have my eye on a couple of different rings this visit. J338613 the pave gemstone ring and J320143. I'm not sure which ring will win out. I'm not planning on ordering much this visit. I have way too many easy pays to pay off first.

We are expecting a huge snowstorm on Sunday. We could get up to 6 to 12" which is quite a lot for our area of the country. I know that some of you got lots more than that last week.

Take care everyone, Pepper22

Pepper~At last back just in time for the show! DH and I went to a long breakfast buffet and then saw "Boyhood" which is nearly three hours long (the time flew by!) which is an excellent film done over a 12 year period with all the main actors, focusing on a young boy from childhood to first year of college. Fantastic!

Thanks about the end of the police brutality case. It is a big deal to have it over and no bills to deal with. No pay-off but no losses, either. All of the parties involved were made aware of the injustice and those who able to, removed all of the bills in their entirety.

Now that my head and heart are being restored, I plan Monday to get back to posting and that includes the Feb. review thread, so please add your new goodies, including the Amethyst station bracelet! I will have tons to review myself and cannot wait to get to it! I'm in E/P hello myself for a couple of more months...oy!

Good luck with tomorrow's snowstorm and hope you get less than predicted. How are you feeling? Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 ghb said:

Hi Peach, Pepper, and all the ladies! I've been up since 330am EST (migraine) and am trying to get my mind off of the nausea, etc. until my meds kicked in. Congrats Peach on the end of your ordeal ...perfect timing for some JR enjoyment this weekend.

I bit the bullet and bought J-284523, the Green Goddess cuff on Event Price and 6 EP's. I have wanted it since I first laid eyes on it online when it first came out, even before it ever made it on the air. Then when I saw it on air, I was really done. My birthday is in April and our 25th Anniversary is in May, so either one is a good excuse, like I need one (LOL)!

I find that the more expensive pieces that I wait for are the ones I love the most....I'd rather have one piece that "hits me", than a bunch of smaller ones. Those seem to stand the test of time and I never tire of them.

Ladies, have fun this weekend and enjoy the shows. Also, I saw a picture somewhere of a textured rolo bracelet with a heart on it that comes in 5 colors....is that possibly the TSV coming up? I think I saw it on the Delphi forum, but I'm not sure.

Kaplan. if you see this , do you have the cuff I'm getting? Is it as beautiful as it looks on air? Are you happy with it? Actually, anyone who has it....I would appreciate your comments.

And Peach, how are the pups?

GHB, thanks for the newsy post! Those migraines are terrible, aren't they? Am glad to hear you have a medication which works. Mine are more stress-induced adrenal crashes which are fixed with low-dose hydrocortisone and keeping the other hormones balanced.

Yes, the ordeal is over! TG!! Felt like I couldn't breathe for nearly two years. I honestly don't know how others handle much worse situations involving loss of loved ones, etc.

You have VERY good taste! That Green Goddess cuff is to die for, so exquisite! Congrats and don't forget to review! I do agree that the super special pieces are exactly what you said: "...the ones that stand the test of time."

My problem is that I have a great weakness for a special price and E/Ps!

Hmmm, textured rolo with a heart? Sounds nice! Frankly, I'm overwhelmed with all the new this visit! It is sooo hard to keep up!

How are you doing? After losing our little Yorkie, Pootie, in October to Kennel Cough, the new Yorkie, Xi-Xi (she-she) who brought home the KC from the shelter has been a handful. She has been challenging our older, larger, male alpha Yorkie, which he doesn't like. We really miss Pootie, because he was a peace-maker. Thank-you for asking.

I am working on switching over to a new food, now that we found out the FDA has been having problems with a Purina factory and there have been recent reports of pet losses from most of the commonly-purchased pet foods.

Happy early BD and anniv. but I don't think you need any reason to celebrate with JR! Congrats on your cuff and please share everything when you receive it! I'll have the Feb. review thread up by then. Take care! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 disneygal said: Hi ghb, are you referring to J284527? (The number you posted seems off by one digit). If yes, I have that cuff and yes, it is stunning in person. You will love it, I am sure. Enjoy it and wear in the best of health!!

Disneygal, just wanted to say hello and enjoy the shows! Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 donnaluby said:

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanista ladies, glad to hear the updates of the issues you have been dealing with the past couple of year and you are happy and can move forward. I'm sure it's a relief to you and your DH.

There are so many new beautiful pieces Judith is bringing this visit. I am loving the new gemstone necklaces--they are pricey so may not be able to get them right now. Love the new london blue topaz bracelets and the small gemstone earrings with charms. I did buy the ginger quartz locket enhancer when it was a LTS and I love it. I have the 36" ginger quartz station chain to wear layered.

Look forward to seeing tonight's show and possibly the one Sunday evening. Hope you enjoy the shows as well. donna

Donna, you are always so nice, thank-you.

We both have that Ginger Quartz locket enhancer, so beautiful and I bet it looks perfect on the 36" GQ station chain.

See you at the shows! Best wishes~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 littleone2 said:

LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas!

Hello! It is great to hear that you have finally had a happy ending to your legal case. I know it was more than draining, but fighting the good fight helps so many others too.

I purchased J288489 118 facet diamonique estate necklace when it went on clearance about 2 weeks ago. It is lovely with V-neck tops although it hangs a little long on me (I'm 5'3" 107 pounds) so I'll have to use the pin trick. I have a weakness for the estate pieces and those that compliment the v-necks (I'm always trying to make myself look a little taller).

In addition, I was at a Sam's Club in Minnesota this week and they had the JR2 marked to about 10% of MSRP. I'm picked up earrings, a blue topaz cuff, a pair of earrings and a ring for myself and a pair of heart earrings for my granddaughter.

I will celebrate my purchases and try to be good this show as I've already spent as much as I can spend on jewelry this month.

I hope everyone enjoys the shows and writes about what they are loving. LuckyPeach, I can't wait to hear what you pick out to celebrate!

Littleone2, thank-you! You are exactly right, I hope that due to my suggestions, there will be some new policies in place to thwart our local PD from breaking the law on unsuspecting, law-abiding citizens. This national problem won't change until they raise the education, culture and intelligence test requirements. In our town, you can have a GED and below-average test results and they give you a gun! No testing for steroid use, either. Yes, I learned a lot with this experience! How is your property suit going?

I beat you by an inch and eight pounds and am one of the taller persons here in my town, which is full of more recent immigrants. I know how you feel, though, as I was one of the shortest in my class in the Midwest. That necklace you just got is supremely awesome! Congrats! Love it! Please add your review when I put up the Feb. all review on Monday...

Also, wow, what a JR Sam's Club haul! That's incredible! I love to hear stories like this, really makes me happy for you. If you can review those, too, please do (thread will be up Monday). I recently got a wonderful JRQ sample cuff from Over There (major auction site) that I love, love, love! It is a blackened version of J290768, actually more of a hematite tone. That cuff is 100 grams, too.

Take care and thanks for the newsy post. How's the snow there? ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 sun lover said:

I couldn't help myself, I got J338613, the pave heart ring in emerald. I see it is almost sold out in the emerald, glad I caved when I did. Can't wait for the shows.

Sun lover, welcome and thanks so much for posting. I missed it..Emerald! One of my very favorite stones. Congrats!! Please review when you receive. Looks fabulous! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 StyleIcon said:

Hi ladies. I am so ready for the shows to start! So many new goodies this visit it is so hard to choose. I already preordered the Bixby TSV ring and for Valentines day DH told me to get a few pieces this visit. So much to choose from. I want to see the presentations first.

StyleIcon~Welcome and hello! I just caved on J296618, the zodiac enhancer. I thought I could hold out, but when I checked and saw only six of the twelve signs left, I got my Sagittarius. Did you get anything so far? Your DH sounds very special! Thanks for taking the time to post. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 BesottedwithEskies said:

Glad to hear your ordeal is over. Had to be tough.

BesottedwithEskies~ That's a cool nick. You mean Eskimo dogs, correct? We often see beautiful ones at the local shelter, sometimes with one blue eye and one brown eye. They are such characters and real escape artists.

Thanks for your empathy! It helps me very much. ~Peach

Respected Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, I haven't decided yet since everything is so beautiful and there is so much to choose from. I will choose tomorrow and narrow down my choices. You will love the zodiac enhancer. Alot of detail in it.