Super Contributor

Lol, with Bixby a lot of us had multiplies, like vine ring or Jezzabel. Before Bixby, I would not be able to believe that. I would not purchase anybody else except Barbara in different colors.

Super Contributor

Peyton brings unique gems. Whoever wrote bad words about him, I am glad QVC deleted the topic. I appreciate his knowledge and stories a lot. 

People buy everywhere, on gem fairs, there are plenty of people who buy 2K, 3K, or more expensive pieces. 

I've heard some people would say you should not buy anything on gem fairs. 

Other people go to gem shows and buy in bulk.

There are so many places where you can find you treasures.

In my state we barely have anything in regard to shopping. If you go to "good" jewelry stores it is no longer under 5K.

Super Contributor

ShopHQ has outregous prices and nobody complaint. 

Honored Contributor

I totally forgot all day jewelry yesterday. Usually I do enjoy it and I did check in at the end only to find JT---go on and on and ON....talking as only she can about nothing pertinant--on the vault show when Peyton was skypping in---it was when the alexandrite ring was on and the purple sapphire ring too--tried to mute and just watch , it but she just kept talking--good grief!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624   I seriously doubt these people are buying high end jewelry from QVC!

Tiffany's, etc. come to mind first.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus   My thoughts exactly.

Honored Contributor

Rich people have a private jewelry concierge, probably more than one depending on the stone.

Trusted Contributor

Everyone's definition of rich and extravagant is different and personal.  I used to sell diamonds many years ago in a well known jewelry store and most of my time was helping clients choose diamonds & then the settings for engagement rings.  The budget was different for everyone but my goal was always to create the finest best quality ring their  money could buy. Some people wanted the biggest flashiest ring possible regardless of the diamond quality and others wanted small pieces if the quality was better.  I hope I made everyone feel "rich and happy" with whatever they chose.  I loved seeing the big smiles after the ring was made.

Honored Contributor

You have to wait for clearance prices.  Those figures are more in line with what the pieces used to cost.  I watched the JAI show yesterday and even clearance prices were up there.  Of course if you absolutely have to have a piece you are stuck buying at the new padded full retail.  Same goes for clothing.