Honored Contributor

A jeweler is supposed to know the difference. Before he gets his certificate he has to demonstrate that. Lab diamonds are only a little cheaper then natural ones.  Between 20% to 40%   However, color D & E diamonds are about the same price.  So don't think all lab created diamonds are flawless and perfect color. .  

Most people still prefer the natural diamond.   All diamonds, lab or natural are kept artificially high in price.  At least half of the tons of jewelry worth diamonds that are mined each year are withheld.  And it's legal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry but, it’s the real thing or nothing for me ... a real diamond will last forever but, nobody knows how these lab grown “make believe” diamonds will hold up in 25, 50 or 100 years .... they are not inexpensive & in my opinion not worth the price.... I rather buy a  Diamonique item & if I don’t like it anymore I can throw it away without feeling bad.

Honored Contributor

The savings are exponential for the larger lab diamonds of equal natural diamond quality. If I wanted to own a big diamond, a lab diamond would be something to consider just for the cost saving. Instead of spending money on a big stone, I would invest it in a nice gold setting.