Honored Contributor

Prices of American West jewelry

Years ago I bought a cuff bracelet w/8 opaque gemstones. It is truly a lovely piece and I think I payed $30.00 for it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Prices of American West jewelry

You want things made in America?  Be prepared to pay for them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1Years ago, I could buy a loaf of bread, a quart of milk, and bring my mother change.   

I bought my firat brand new car for $1642.00 including tags and tax.

I think the price of CP from 20 or 30 years ago has just about the same relevance!   Not all that much.

Honored Contributor

K. I am not saying that. I am just giving an example of inflation.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1The good thing for me about QVC's inflation is that almost nothing I buy here is something I absolutely have to have.

I did watch CP very early this morning, but I can't say I paid any attention t0 the prices.-because I had no intention of buying.  Just needed to pass the time because I couldn't sleep.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops  I had the same problem this morning.  I watched all her shows through the night and the only thing I liked was $300.  So needless to say I didn't buy anything.  I already have the leather necklace in turqoise and the red lady enhancer. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetleLike you, when I do look at jewelry I invariably want the most expensive pieces. I did like several of the enhancers this AM.

Honored Contributor

Carolyn said this morning her jewelry is Made In America, so tariffs can't be the reason.  

Silver prices have been going down.

So, what's left.

QVC's cost of doing business has gone up.  Increase in prices of gemstones, utilities, employee raises, building maintenance, needing more warehouses, additional staff members, raises, IT, etc. 

Qurate increased prices to pay off debt and cover losses.

QVC increased prices so stockholders make more money.

Did I miss anything?

Honored Contributor

I see a lot of Southwestern jewelry since I live in the heart of Southwest jewelry territory, and I do think Carolyn's jewelry is very over-priced.  Also what you see in the nicer stores has a heavier silver weight.

I was somewhat amused when I recently saw her Sleeping Beauty Naja Enhancer as a lunchtime special for around $150.  In the past, years ago, it sold for as much as $700+.  Perhaps the original was a finer quality turquoise....I don't know but that's quite a diffetence.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It might be assembled in America,but where do the parts come from?