Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I would guess age around 80 plus or minus a little.  Will never see 70 again.

Long blond hair = terrible

@fthunt  I’m taking a chance w/ this comment....don’t everyone jump down my throat. As women age, it’s more difficult to pull off a darker hair color. The contrast shows more wrinkles, flaws, etc. JR was a fairly dark brunette, then a reddish brown for awhile. She has green eyes and cool complexion...the blonde shade is too warm for her coloring. She would have looked better w/ a softer light to Med. brown and cool, blonde (no ash tones) highlights. IMHO, this shade of blonde is as harsh as if she’d left her hair darker.

Esteemed Contributor

I walked in when she was on and haven't seen her in awhile.  I think she looks ill to me at least  If she is thin because of weight loss it isnt a good look, her face is drawn and old looking .   I know that old saying you cant be too thin or too rich,  but when your older a little weight especially on the face looks much better IMO 

Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Shanus about the hair color, too warm and clashes with her coloring and sort of looks like a wig, which perhaps it could be?

I hadn't seen her in many months and turned on the show and was really shocked too; she looks unwell and I hope she is ok.

I don't buy many of her pieces now, but have a lovely much-worn collection, including so many gorgeous watches and clip earrings, which are all but impossible to find in today's world anywhere, much less at this quality and design.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I walked in when she was on and haven't seen her in awhile.  I think she looks ill to me at least  If she is thin because of weight loss it isnt a good look, her face is drawn and old looking .   I know that old saying you cant be too thin or too rich,  but when your older a little weight especially on the face looks much better IMO 

@Kitty Galore  Maybe that’s the reason so many older, thin women get fillers put in their faces...volume. Rounder faces also look younger longer. Yay! That’s me. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think Judith is pushing 70, I think it's hard to lose a substantial amount of weight when you are that age and not look haggard. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to my eye she looks sick, the weight loss has aged her IMO.

@blackhole99  Think she pushed 70 and looking at it in the rear view mirror. Her oldest son, in business w/ her is in mid-40’s or older...a graduate of GIA. The DIL who’s sometimes on air said she’s married to the “baby”. My math stinks, but 3 sons, maybe youngest about 40...2-3 years between them...older son about 45-46. (A+ for me!!)

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  My younger sister was always on the heavy side and she would laugh and say, " I may be heavy, but I don't have a line or wrinkle, I have all this natural collagen going on". She did have great looking skin, but we were worried about her health. Don't you know it, she got all the good genes, she's the healthiest one of us out of the bunch.LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99  I've thought the same thing about JR for a long time now as she's looked like this for months. I'm hard pressed to think it's weight loss just to lose weight. I think she looks like she's been ill. Her hair does nothing for her, bad color very bad length. Hope I'm not offending but this is my opinion. I've been wondering about her since I've seen her like she is now.  She doesn't sit up straight either, shoulders hunched over. JR also doesn't talk much either, just sort of sits there.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with all your (health) related comments.  She seems to be connected to the conversation and then drifts off to    'somewhere'.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt@PINKdogWOOD & others. You’d think instead of all of us thinking the worst, Q or Judith on FB would discuss her situation (if there is one). It’s much better to have your customers being supportive (like Dana of Perricone), than discussing an “illness” that could be family problems, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those of you who haven't reached your 70th birthday, let me just add my opinion, please. Some women just start losing weight as we age - and I'm one of them. I turned 70 in March, and I don't have the appetite that I used to have. My mother lost weight as she aged, and the same thing has happeed to me.  I'm sure that Judith visits her doctor regularly, just as most of us do and has her annual blood tests to identify problems. Her demeaner doesn't seem any different to me - she's just lost weight. Is her hair too blonde? Probably, but that's her business. I didn't find Antonella's comment to her at the end of the program as anything other than wishing Judith could spend more time. So - bottom line - we age and a lot of us lose weight. I'm guessing that Judith Ripka is in her mid to late 70s...it's part of aging. Please don't assume that's she's ill. And please don't suggest that those of us in our 70s need facial surgery to plump up our faces to make us look younger!